Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone shipped a truck? or bought an ebay tacoma?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Unofficial member of the Rebel Alliance
robgeetar is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
robgeetar's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone shipped a truck? or bought an ebay tacoma?

Was considering this as I'm looking for a 1st generation. Found a deal online for a 2003 taco, under 6k (so far, the reserve has not been met yet), under 80,000 miles but is out in Oklahoma. I know it's a bit risky to consider buying no where near my neck of the woods but as far as shipping a taco, has anyone done it? or maybe heard of someone doing it? just browsing around and found http://www.shipanycar.com/ but seeing what you guys think

Thanks!

oh, and i'm out by Los Angeles, CA
Old 08-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Those are almost always scams man, watch out.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
I got my truck off ebay. Got it the way it was listed. Just be careful.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #5

yeah for sure, most likely I won't go with it, i'm like 30%, just cuz it seems too good to be true but looking at some options
Old 08-05-2011, 12:12 AM   #6
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
i know several ppl who have bought cars on ebay. As stated before, be careful. Research good shipping companies too.

PS. brettb where in WY you at?
Casper what about you?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
dirtslngr is a splendid one to beholddirtslngr is a splendid one to beholddirtslngr is a splendid one to beholddirtslngr is a splendid one to beholddirtslngr is a splendid one to beholddirtslngr is a splendid one to beholddirtslngr is a splendid one to behold
dirtslngr's Tacoma Gallery
Baught mine off eBay, flew out and drove it home.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
Hold my beer and watch this
TanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTanSR5x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
TanSR5x4's Tacoma Gallery
a friend of mine bought his truck off ebay. it runs and all but it sounds like its gonna break down any minute and its kinda rusty underneath and i think he way overpaid for it

i dont ever think i would invest that amount of money before i get a chance to see it and check it out
Old 08-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #9
MattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura about

MattDubs's Tacoma Gallery
Sold my old 1st Gen on Egay. however it was a while ago before eBay became eGay and way before CL. I just took a shitton of pics, told the guy he could call me and actually talk to me on the phone before he sent payment. Did all I could to prove it was legit. He flew out from Ohio? I think.. and drove it home.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i never bought off ebay but i have shipped my truck. it was easy cost me $700 from NY to CA
Old 08-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
okboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: Darrell
okboatie1's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't buy it from on Ebay, but shipped my Taco from Key West to San Diego. Did the research to give me the warm and fuzzy and off she went. Door to door was something like $800. It was legit, but felt a little sketchy like the parking garage dudes in Ferris Bueller...
Old 08-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #12
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
maybe someone in Oklahoma would go and look at it for you before you bid.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #13
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
I've bought two vehicles off Autotrader, both from dealers though. Drove from Tennessee to Michigan for my Honda Accord Coupe (God rest it's soul) and flew to Wilmington, NC for the Tacoma. Accord worked out swimmingly, but the Tacoma was in worse shape than the pictures showed but the dealer actually worked with me on the price even though he knew I had to drive that sucker back home.

Best bet? What twfsa said, get somebody on here from that area and see if they would check it out, I would love to do that for somebody if they were buying something in Chattanooga and needed a set of eyes on it.

As far as shipping maybe give the BBB a call and let them recommend someone to you to cut through the bull on the internet. Not any bull here, just talking about if you Google auto shipping and try to wade through the unholy shitstorm that is waiting for you in the results.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
maybe someone in Oklahoma would go and look at it for you before you bid.
yeah that's what I'm thinking. On the ebay bid itself it has a link to a company that can actually send out a person to check it out, do a full inspection and get the history report, and send me pics of it as they are doing it. Although that sounds great i think i would still rather trust someone off here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
i never bought off ebay but i have shipped my truck. it was easy cost me $700 from NY to CA
wow! only $700 from NY?? Which company did you go through? All the ones i've researched roughed about $900-$980 for the ship
Old 08-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSkynyrd View Post
I've bought two vehicles off Autotrader, both from dealers though. Drove from Tennessee to Michigan for my Honda Accord Coupe (God rest it's soul) and flew to Wilmington, NC for the Tacoma. Accord worked out swimmingly, but the Tacoma was in worse shape than the pictures showed but the dealer actually worked with me on the price even though he knew I had to drive that sucker back home.
well although it's a ebay bid, it's actually coming from a dealer, not a toyota dealer but a chevy dealer. I'm gonna shoot them a call and just talk person to person, ask all the questions I can
Old 08-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #17
bluecluee is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
bluecluee's Tacoma Gallery
Uship

Check out uShip.com for shipping the vehicle
Old 08-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #18
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe if you trusted it to us we could relay it back to you... just pass it off to different tw members across the country until it made it back to you
Old 08-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #19
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Where in OK? Anyone able to check it out for him?
Old 08-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
If its a good truck get on the bus to Oklahoma and drive it back thats got to be cheeper than a long haul, it also gives you the option to back ouut of the deal if you stipulate that.