LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Ford Ranger vs. Toyota Tacoma

Old 08-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Ford Ranger vs. Toyota Tacoma

Ok. I know that Tacomas pretty much are better than rangers. But, my girlfriend and her family seem to think that a ford ranger is better than a Tacoma because its "American made". Show them they are wrong. I want to send this thread to them. haha. Prove them wrong!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery

do you really think you are going to change their minds based off of what some strangers say online?
Old 08-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
tacos are American made as well. Most fords have a high pct of parts made in mexico.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
The current ranger platform is over a decade old! I had one, Liked it, but would never go back. Mine was a 98 that I owned in like 2001. There is a reason there are plans to discontinue it. At least I think thats still the plan??
Old 08-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post

do you really think you are going to change their minds based off of what some strangers say online?
haha no I dont acctually
Old 08-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #7
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
This is going to be awesome!
yes, yes it will be
Old 08-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Fix Or Repair Daily?

Old 08-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be the first to say that big lesbians drive Ford Rangers. Case and point. Done, you can now forward this to them.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
The current ranger platform is over a decade old! I had one, Liked it, but would never go back. Mine was a 98 that I owned in like 2001. There is a reason there are plans to discontinue it. At least I think thats still the plan??
HAHA thats pretty good stuff
Old 08-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #11
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul's TRD View Post
I'll be the first to say that big lesbians drive Ford Rangers. Case and point. Done, you can now forward this to them.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #12
Firefighter:
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH thats pretty good!!
Old 08-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #13
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Fix Or Repair Daily?

Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The older Rangers weren't half bad, the newer ones really went downhill. I test drove one with the FX4 package before I bought my Tacoma and they couldn't have given me a price low enough to make me buy it. It made a lot of noise but had absolutely no power and was uncomfortable. I owned 2 older rangers, a 1997 and a 2001, one with the gutless 2.3L 4 cyl and the 2001 with the 3.0L V6. The 3.0L was a great little motor and it's too bad they got rid of it. The new 4.0L is a gas hog and lacks the power production for the amount of fuel it consumes. My $0.02 on Rangers. No comparison to the Tacoma, the Taco is bigger, more powerful and rides a hell of a lot better than the Ranger. Just because it's 'American Made' doesn't mean it's any good and is an incredibly ignorant argument regarding build quality.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #16
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I thought the platform was about 2 1/2 decades old...

Main reason why I'm not driving one now...
Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #17
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Last I checked my tacoma was made right here in California...Fremont to be exact.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #18
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
If their opinion is that buying American is better than buying foreign cars, you arent going to change their minds. Instead, videotape you screwing their daughters brains out, and show it to them. There, case settled.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
bozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud ofbozotaco has much to be proud of
Firefighter: wildland firefighter
bozotaco's Tacoma Gallery
I can only speak for a 1st generations but the differences are pretty obvious. I used to drive my friends 2003 ranger 5speed, and thought is was a pretty nice truck. However after I purchased my 2004 tacoma the differences are pretty striking. The Tacoma just feels more solidly built, and less cheap. If you want to prove your point have them drive both back to back.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #20
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.cartalk.com/content/featu...ay-chick1.html

s10 is on there too