Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Elite Bumper

Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
lennys is on a distinguished road

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Elite Bumper

Looks like about 20 of you guy have this bumper now,what did you see for FT end sag with bumper and winch
Old 08-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #3

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Its not stock,im running OME 882 but they saged alittle when I put then in.
Attached Thumbnails
Elite Bumper-taco-home.jpg  
Old 08-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
well ya every coil sags. It has too. otherwise the wheel wouldn't beable to travel down farther.

882s according to wheelersoffroad are 500lbs springs. So i dont think they will sag a lot with a plate bumper but they will sag. They arent the highest rated spring like the 883s(590lbs) or Eibachs(620lbs). So basicly you traded a smoother ride for less spring weight preassure. Not a bad thing. But dont expect your truck to stay that height when you get one. A good option would be a tube bumper.

Also...you leafs look like they are taking a beating with that arb tent..
Old 08-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #5

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
The way I took it from OME and Box Rocket that 880 were soft 881 med and 882 heavy
Old 08-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't run the bumper and winch without 600+ springs my eibachs were just right not bumpy and not all soft the rebound was nice. I haven't drove enough with the new setup to be able to tell you if the 600lb eibachs I have on now are just as good. Matched with the FOX shocks the ride is nice but I haven't really drove it on the freeway yet.

I'm going to the 880 in Oakland this weekend to give them a test all of you bay guys know the 880 in Oakland
Old 08-10-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 102# bumper with an 80# winch. I have the OME 882 coils on my truck. They settled about an inch or so after I out it on. Yes you will want to upgrade your springs if you are going to add extra weight. Especially if you have a TRD. They are progressive springs so they are effected more so. As for the OME coils being progressive, no I don't believe that they are.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:20 PM   #9
MTNative is on a distinguished road

MTNative's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennys View Post
Its not stock,im running OME 882 but they saged alittle when I put then in.
What and where did you get the tent from? I'm in the mood to get one.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #10

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNative View Post
What and where did you get the tent from? I'm in the mood to get one.
ARB tent and I ordered it from 4wheelparts just under $900
Old 08-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I replied to your question in my build thread since you asked it there. Just so you know.

You can do a few things to reduce the weight of your winch setup when you get to that point. For instance, I've been looking at a XRC8. By moving the solenoid into the engine compartment, running a synthetic line and I also found a slick nylon fairlead that is super durable and weighs almost nothing, I can get the winch setup up under 50lbs. That is pretty darn good if you ask me.

Plate bumpers are just heavy, no two ways about it. That's part of the reason I went with a tube bumper on my truck. For me, between the tube bumper and a "lightweight" winch setup I can keep the sagging to a minimum.

But I will go on the record that I think the Elite bumpers are pretty sick.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #12

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the stock ft bumper wt
Old 08-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
if your really worried about sag you can always get an aluminum bumper from Elite which will be much lighter than the steel. It will still give you some clearance and be much stronger than a stock bumper. Plus you'll have the badass look of one of his bumpers.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 AM   #14
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMatt02 View Post
if your really worried about sag you can always get an aluminum bumper from Elite which will be much lighter than the steel. It will still give you some clearance and be much stronger than a stock bumper. Plus you'll have the badass look of one of his bumpers.
Yeah I don't recommend winching from a aluminum bumper if your going to add a winch go with steel. A long hard pull may bend an aluminum bumper.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah I don't recommend winching from a aluminum bumper if your going to add a winch go with steel. A long hard pull may bend an aluminum bumper.
agreed
Old 08-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #16

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
I want the bumper I may not put a winch in it
Old 08-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #18
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennys View Post
I want the bumper I may not put a winch in it
Well if you want it for looks only go aluminum just don't plan on it protecting the truck like steel would (IE slamming it on rocks)
Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #20
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
does tim do aluminum?? i know eric does..
Yeah he did one for a 2nd Gen so I'm sure he will for a 1st Gen.