Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Flex a Lite Fan info

Old 08-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Flex a Lite Fan info

I figured i would post up what I have found lately with my fan set up. A few months ago I installed a Flex a Lite 675 fan in my 98 Tacoma and at first i was very happy with it. But recently the fans have quit working two different times and has really gotten on my last nerve. So I did some research this week and found out that the kit that I bought has a thermistat that is unreliable, from my understanding so far is Flex a Lite knew about this problem but did not recall these assy. Instead they designed a new controller that fixed the problem but din't release the info to the public. So in a nut shell I had to buy a new controller for another 100 dollars to fix the problem. So if anyone is thinking of doing this MOD make sure that you are getting the updated controller/thermistat. I am going to put in a call to Flex a Lite today and see if there is any chance that they would cover the cost of a new controller and I will update this thread on what I learn.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Can you share the part numbers of the old and new controllers?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
okboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the roughokboatie1 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: Darrell
okboatie1's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer about your fans BR. Thanks for the heads up and let us know what you find out. They should fix this fo FREE!
Old 08-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Tacoma Lover
SupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupraT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Can you share the part numbers of the old and new controllers?

I would be happy to post that up when I get off work tonight.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Great. I think it would help members if they knew which one to avoid.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
Tacoma Lover

SupraT's Tacoma Gallery
So I contacted Flex a Lite customer service at lunch and they said that they had not heard this feedback from anyone before, so after i offered to send this thermistat to them to troubleshoot and see for themselves the problem it is having I asked if they could pay for they controller I just installed. They said they couldn't do that but they would send me a controller that I could just return in its place. So over all I am glad with the outcome