Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

seal leaking oil after replacing

Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
houndsmen is on a distinguished road
houndsmen's Tacoma Gallery
seal leaking oil after replacing

I replaced the front diff seal on my 01 tacoma on the passenger side after it had a small leak. Well after putting the new seal on and new cv joints it still has a leak??? Does anyone know what the problem could be???
Old 08-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
gotta be the seal......
Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
Do you think it went in wrong? I have a toytec coil over lift and its set at 3" right now my axles have a litte bit of an angle... Do you think that could be the issue!?
Old 08-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndsmen View Post
Do you think it went in wrong? I have a toytec coil over lift and its set at 3" right now my axles have a litte bit of an angle... Do you think that could be the issue!?
i dont think thats the issue but i am no expert.....
it took my dealer 3 times to get my front diff seals right.....
when yiour putting in the seal n cv it must be perfect.....
your breather isnt clogged or non working is it..that would cause a buildup of pressure insdie the diff and blow the seals out......
but since its the same one "same side" i would say seal got messes up or something
Old 08-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Where is the breather??? I have not checked that yet. I just called the dealer and they can not give me a part number without the vin... i think they gave me the wrong one
Old 08-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Where is the breather??? I have not checked that yet. I just called the dealer and they can not give me a part number without the vin... i think they gave me the wrong one
not sure you have a 1st gen. right?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
yes correct...
Old 08-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
BIG DADDY

Quote:
yes correct...
not sure