Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What Engine Oil Do You Use??

Old 08-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
"And there I was just minding my own business"
Nolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud of

Navy: USS Enterprise CVN-65, USS George H.W Bush CVN-77, NNSY, Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenace Center
Name: Nick
Nolawall's Tacoma Gallery
What Engine Oil Do You Use??

Just want to get an idea of what oil yall are using in your trucks. Can you specify what your milage is and what type of motor (4cyl or 6 cyl)? Just getting an idea of what oil I am supose to be using in my engine. I am running at the moment 10-w40 synthetic. I bought 5-W30 mobile one Synthetic and just making sure that I am using what everyone else is. Pretty new to Tacomas.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
09 DC 4.0 about 28k....5w-30 mobile one with BG MOA Additive
Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Mobil One. There are many threads on this already.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
07 DC 4.0, about 52k.Valvoline synthetic 5w30.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #5
300k96Tacoma is on a distinguished road
300k96Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
At 301k miles I switched to the new Mobil 1 Super 5w-30 high mileage oil and it has been awesome it seems to not use any at all between changes which is pretty good for a truck with this many miles. I was using valvoline high mileage before and I dont think it performed near as well as this mobil 1 super.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
amsoil woot!!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
10w-40.... really??? Why so thick of an oil? You must be getting shitty gas mileage with the engine working harder to move that thicker oil through the engine.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #9
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
6 cyl. using Pennzoil Ultra Synthetic 5w-30
Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #10
"And there I was just minding my own business"
Nolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud of

Navy: USS Enterprise CVN-65, USS George H.W Bush CVN-77, NNSY, Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenace Center
Name: Nick
Nolawall's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I am I am will be putting in 5w-30 tommorrow. I was having a issue with getting oil in the airbox. The motor only had about 6k on it since it was rebuilt. The motor is still under warranty. I took it to the guy who did it and he put this in there. I am assiming to see if it would blow by the rings. But he told me that the problem was that one of the banks was clogged or some shit like that but I will be changing it back to what it is supose to be tommorrow.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
3.4 v6.........Pennzoil Ultra 5w30............a lil over 80k on the clock.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #12
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
Old 08-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #14
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
80k...with Pennzoil???
Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
80k...with Pennzoil???
Yeah.........I used mobil1 for a lil while.....but switched over to Pennzoil platinum a couple years ago...and been using the ultra the last few oil changes. Good stuff.....platinum and ultra.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #16
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
01 Taco, 3.4 w/ 128K

I'm using Mobil 1 10W30 Synthetic w/ WIX premium filter
Old 08-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #17
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
01 Taco, 3.4 w/ 128K

I'm using Mobil 1 10W30 Synthetic w/ WIX premium filter
You sir are using the wrong oil.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #18
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
castrol dino oil 5w30
Old 08-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #19
Roll Tide

HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah.........I used mobil1 for a lil while.....but switched over to Pennzoil platinum a couple years ago...and been using the ultra the last few oil changes. Good stuff.....platinum and ultra.
i'm just funnin with ya buddypennzoil's some good stuff.cant go wrong with that....the only reason i use mobile one is because thats what we use at work...i can get it for 2.29 a quart.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
i'm just funnin with ya buddypennzoil's some good stuff.cant go wrong with that....the only reason i use mobile one is because thats what we use at work...i can get it for 2.29 a quart.
Damn!! Good price per quart there dude. I buy the 5 quart jugs of Penn at wally world for around $23,and an extra quart for $7.