1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pre runner bumper

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by broken taco, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Aug 14, 2011 at 7:20 PM
    broken taco

broken taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    Trail gear 3 Link Solid Axle Swap kit, 14 " Fox coil overs with reservoirs up front, Chevy 63 leaf spring swap with ruff stuffs Chevy 63 swap kit, 14 "Fox shocks on the rear, 37" tires, Custom front bumper by Next Venture Motor Sports with a warn winch, glassworks unlimited fender flares, custom rock rails with kickups (modeled after Relentless Fab Rock sliders), rear bumper from streetacos.com (with custom rap around protection for fiberglass fenders and the hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate that is on hinges), HID off road lights on front bumper, rigid pods on rear bumper with red back lighting, high lift mounted in the bed, onboard air, Flowmaster muffler, aftermarket air intake, alarm system, Alpine Deck, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers, JL W6 12" subwoofer, JL amp.
  2. Aug 14, 2011 at 7:24 PM
    whatatoy

whatatoy Galt/Rearden 2012

Member:
    SO CAL
    Vehicle:
    I like it
    This truck is a work truck - not a lot of fancy mod's here, but it's getting the job done!
    pretty cool, but I'm confused about your location being San Diego and your truck seemingly being right hand drive... where'd you pick that up?

3. Aug 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    broken taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    Trail gear 3 Link Solid Axle Swap kit, 14 " Fox coil overs with reservoirs up front, Chevy 63 leaf spring swap with ruff stuffs Chevy 63 swap kit, 14 "Fox shocks on the rear, 37" tires, Custom front bumper by Next Venture Motor Sports with a warn winch, glassworks unlimited fender flares, custom rock rails with kickups (modeled after Relentless Fab Rock sliders), rear bumper from streetacos.com (with custom rap around protection for fiberglass fenders and the hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate that is on hinges), HID off road lights on front bumper, rigid pods on rear bumper with red back lighting, high lift mounted in the bed, onboard air, Flowmaster muffler, aftermarket air intake, alarm system, Alpine Deck, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers, JL W6 12" subwoofer, JL amp.
    i took pictures on my laptop and it somehow mirrors the image so it is all reversed

4. Aug 14, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    you shoulda posted that you got the truck custom ordered and messed with us...

:thumbsup:

5. Aug 14, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    whatatoy

whatatoy Galt/Rearden 2012

Member:
    SO CAL
    Vehicle:
    I like it
    This truck is a work truck - not a lot of fancy mod's here, but it's getting the job done!
    ^^THIS^^

6. Aug 15, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    ERIC

ERIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Impulse Red TRD PreRunner SOLD
    Pioneer double din navi head unit and four 5x7 alpine speakers, westin light bar, procomp lights, head and tail lights, black billet grille, billet antienna, gibson headers and cat back exhaust, afe cold air, uni chip programmer, Bilstein 5100's, Pro comp wheels and tires, tint, blacked out emblems, innu roof rack, yakima basket, foglight mod...
    haha that got me too! you can tell though, the writing on the ebrake handle is backwards

7. Aug 15, 2011 at 8:57 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    i didnt even notice haha..

sweet bumper! where did you get it from? and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking

8. Aug 15, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    87xjmike

87xjmike Well-Known Member

Member:
    Folsom
    Vehicle:
    98 5lug 2rz
    downey mid travel 2wd set up
    this...

I can't seem to find any online w/out a winch incorporated. After looking over the front end and the complexity involved with trying to protect this outrageously low radiator i don't feel like making my own.

9. Aug 15, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc

contact brandon at avid off road, he can make you what ever you want, look at my build thread for pictures of mine that he made

10. Aug 15, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    mxnborder

mxnborder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 sport - black on black on black
    DR coilovers AAl 285 kelly safaris lightbar/skidplate need more!
    looks sick man! that your nice fj also?!

11. Aug 15, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    chris duby

chris duby This is where I write something clever

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR Premium
    6" Lift, 22x12 Xtreme Force XF8 wheels, 33x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers...
    Somehow I actually read the ebrake and didn't even realize it... Very nice though.:thumbsup:

12. Aug 15, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    broken taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    i went to cal metals and started talking to a girl that works there and she said here boyfriend welds for aerospace and i think also alluminus and she said he could make me a bumper. His name is Jason. his number is 619-865-8203. he lives by santee. and i payed 400 for the bumper and 200 for the powdercoat. if you call him say you got his number from Adam. and i asked him if i could put his number up and he said its fine.

13. Aug 15, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    broken taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    thanks and thats my dads FJ

Products Discussed in

To Top