Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Extra Cabs with roof racks! post pics.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Extra Cabs with roof racks! post pics.

Share either your extra cab with roof racks or someone else's, preferably a pic with the racks being utilized in some form.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is going to give me a boner.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
lennys is on a distinguished road

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered a Defender 4 X 4 bolt together for my extra cab,Its a little to long so im going to cut the center down about 5 inches and reweld it,heres a pic of a crew cab and a pic of the rack.
Attached Thumbnails
Extra Cabs with roof racks! post pics.-defender.jpg   Extra Cabs with roof racks! post pics.-roof-rack.jpg  
Old 08-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #6
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennys View Post
I just ordered a Defender 4 X 4 bolt together for my extra cab,Its a little to long so im going to cut the center down about 5 inches and reweld it,heres a pic of a crew cab and a pic of the rack.
Post pics when ur done man
Old 08-15-2011, 03:26 PM   #7

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Btw the reason I want some is I take long trips with motorcycles in the bed and while the extra cab holds essential luggage more space would be nice. Especially the way the gf packs.... plus it'd be nice to have space for a cooler with food or our guitars.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
I know this may be cheating a little...but hey its still a roof rack, just not on the trucks roof.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #10
toyoTRDtaco is on a distinguished road

EMS: Medic
toyoTRDtaco's Tacoma Gallery
In on this fourm, im debating a roof rack.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:45 PM   #11
hulkit is on a distinguished road

hulkit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post
I know this may be cheating a little...but hey its still a roof rack, just not on the trucks roof.

hows it screwed on the rail u think u can take a picture of it from inside the camper shell just brackets and bolt on or what?? just interested is all would love to make one like that
Old 08-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #12
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroTundra View Post

Wow! I really like the look of that! That's definitely going on my list of "Things I wish I could afford."

Nice setup.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #14
lennys is on a distinguished road

lennys's Tacoma Gallery
Defenders back odered on the 4' x 4' bolt togethers,looks like two weeks
Attached Thumbnails
Extra Cabs with roof racks! post pics.-defender.jpg   Extra Cabs with roof racks! post pics.-roof-rack.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #15
fshams is on a distinguished road

fshams's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Yakima rack with Q-tower and stretch kit

You can get a Yakima rack with Q towers to attach to the roof. You would also need a Q-Stretch kit which allows you to securely extend the distance between the front and rear bars... I had one installed on my 2003 Xtra-cab a few years ago, before I decided to mount my rack on the truck bed hard cover... I still have the yakima stretch kit if you decide to go with Yakima and can make you a good deal if interested. I believe I also have a picture or two of my truck with the rack on ... I'll see if I can find it and post it.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #16
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkit View Post
hows it screwed on the rail u think u can take a picture of it from inside the camper shell just brackets and bolt on or what?? just interested is all would love to make one like that

No rail system, my buddy helped me fab this up out of high tensile steel. used the flat stock on the bottom with 5 holes drilled in it. Then just placed it on shell and drilled the shell to bolt on.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #20
veg hed is on a distinguished road

Army: Red Leg
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery