Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Couple pics of my 96 Tacoma after my "paint job" lol

Old 08-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
300k96Tacoma is on a distinguished road
300k96Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Couple pics of my 96 Tacoma after my "paint job" lol

Well the paint was all faded on my truck so I decided to paint the top half of the truck black. I used rustoleum truck bed liner and it turned out really good. It has a nice rough finish and looks even everywhere. It isnt the thickest stuff but it does hold up pretty good as long as you do some sanding before application. I also made my long factory antenna into a shorty and painted black, works great.

I still can't believe this truck has over 300k on it

Old 08-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.
TheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMrGExperience is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
TheMrGExperience's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a really clean 300k truck!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
nice. the ride is still really clean even after all these years
Old 08-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Great lookin truck!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
Wont that fade pretty bad from the sun after a year or so? And how do you clean it? Seems like dirt and stuff would be hard to get outta that texture. I obviously know nothing about the stufff other than its application as a bedliner.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
I've had it on the hood for over a year, just did the rest recently. The stuff stays really good and does not fade or hasn't yet. I just wash it with a brush and it cleans up great. It's not shiny so it doesn't show a lot of dirt. Thanks for the comments guys!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #9
Thanks man!

What do you guys think the truck would look like with black wheels and the toyota tacoma emblem blacked on the side? I thought about doing the factory wheels but they are in great shape and match the emblem so I think it flows well. Just want some opinions, thanks!
Old 08-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #10
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
on the black wheels, one way to see if you might like them on your truck is to photoshop someone elses black wheels on to your ride, see if you like the appearance. just a suggestion, but i think they would look great! truck looks good, i like the two-tone appearance.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #11
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300k96Tacoma View Post
Thanks man!

What do you guys think the truck would look like with black wheels and the toyota tacoma emblem blacked on the side? I thought about doing the factory wheels but they are in great shape and match the emblem so I think it flows well. Just want some opinions, thanks!
Yes and yes! I've always liked white trucks or silver trucks with black accents
Old 08-16-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
haha sweet thanks man! If I decide to do it I will post some pics up on here still haven't decided, been thinking about it awhile. I like black wheels with black accented emblems, here is my toy that stays in the garage mostly
Attached Thumbnails
Couple pics of my 96 Tacoma after my "paint job" lol-international-062.jpg  
Old 08-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #15
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I really like how you went with a lower body line! That came out awesome!
Old 08-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
Nice. You come into Asheville much?

Yeah I am in asheville quite a bit actually. Maybe ill cya around!

Thanks for the comments guys