Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

noisy belt(s) = loose belt(s)?

Old 08-22-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
beedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shed

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
noisy belt(s) = loose belt(s)?

I recently replaced all my belts; PS, AC and Alt. Everything was fine after the install - no noise. I've put about maybe 1300 miles on it since then install with about 800-100 on a recent trip. It was hot out so I used the AC a lot.

I was driving earlier and started to noise a fair amount of noise - I was on the freeway and had my music on and didn't know till I got off - drove about 29m before I noticed it. I had to drive that distance back to my house

I stopped at a gas station before my departure home and looked at the belts. The AC belt seemed to have a little bit of darkness on the bands of the belt - perhaps melting (though I didn't smell anything) or liquid of sorts (though I didn't see anything leaking)

The sound does not occur when I start the engine or rev it in park/neutral. Starts around 30mph and continues.

I'm hoping that maybe the belt is just a little loose, either the lock nut on the pully or tighten the adjusting bolt..

If there was a problem with the water pump, would it make this noise, or would other problems be occurring?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
beedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not sure, I'm guessing its stock, I'm not the original owner.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #5

Could that noise account for any problems with the water pump?