Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Idle Problems

Old 08-23-2011, 05:21 AM   #1
Street is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really nice

Name: jon
Street's Tacoma Gallery
Idle Problems

Hi, My truck is a 99 2wd reg 2.4 or (2rz?) my idle shifts high and low at red lights etc... mainly when the A/C is on and you can sometimes here the relays flipping out.

things I've done
IAC cleaned
temp senor
plugs wires
new bat.

The truck now has 307k and I got her for 750 with 296k the miles are all highway and mostly what I put on. I went over a little bit on the oil change I just did and the oil was cleaner that any motor I have ever done. SOLD on Toyota!!!!!!

So any help? thx Jon Street
Old 08-23-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Is your truck a manual? Does it just idle surge when putting your foot on the clutch when slowing down? If so, mine did that and I replaced the TPS and problem solved.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Street is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really niceStreet is just really nice

Street's Tacoma Gallery
na never noticed that as a problem and i don't really have a cold start prob either, just got an idle drop and increase when the ac cycles
Old 08-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street View Post
na never noticed that as a problem and i don't really have a cold start prob either, just got an idle drop and increase when the ac cycles
thats normal.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #5

Street's Tacoma Gallery
its not come drive my truck....if Toyota could think for a min. a 5spd truck or car would be better with a Tech.

My idle is not a little drop and increase its a damn spike that can sometimes cause it to die but not often
Old 08-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
When's the last time the injectors were cleaner? Fuel filter changed? MAF cleaned?

If you want to rule the AC out, just unplug the clutch.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #7

Street's Tacoma Gallery
I ll do that...the fuel system gets Lucas and I did the fuel filter around 5k ago
Old 08-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does this, many that I've talked too experience the same thing.

It's normal.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:19 PM   #9

Street's Tacoma Gallery
I'm telling you its not I don't know much about tacoma's but I'm 100% on the fact that my idle spike is not what came from the factory...I'll go buy a Tech on Monday and i'll report the rpm's after 10pm
Old 08-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery