Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front end Squeaking???

Old 09-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
tacomamaniac is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
tacomamaniac's Tacoma Gallery
Front end Squeaking???

My front end has been squeaking going over speed bumps and what not. I thought is was from the spacer lift on the stock TRD suspension that was installed by the previous owner. Well I installed some Eibachs w/ 5100's (0) earlier today and.... it still squeaks...shit. When I push down on the front I cant get it to squeak, but whenever I go over even a small speed bump at a slow speed its fairly noticeable. Any possible grease spots or other suggestions would be awesome fellows.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Yea Im sure its coming from the front, the back end is pretty quiet going over speed bumps. It's a high pitch squeak like somethings not lubricated.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Check your tailgate too...I've had the most annoying squeak for a few months and completely went over my entire suspension and tightened up every bolt I could get to. One day when unloading some gear out of the bed I noticed the tailgate when I went to open it had the squeak I've been hearing. A little lube on the lock mech and it's fixed.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
I'll check the bumper to see if anything is loose. Right when the front tires start to go upward when hitting the speed bump I can here the squeak start. When it starts the downward travel it's the same squeaking sound. My friend said the other day that it sounded like the squeaking is coming from the front end frame. I didnt think that was likely but I could be wrong.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #8
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomamaniac View Post
I'll check the bumper to see if anything is loose. Right when the front tires start to go upward when hitting the speed bump I can here the squeak start. When it starts the downward travel it's the same squeaking sound. My friend said the other day that it sounded like the squeaking is coming from the front end frame. I didnt think that was likely but I could be wrong.
I have the same squeak in the front, also when going through dips or speed bumps. Let's see who can find the cure first.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
I have the same squeak in the front, also when going through dips or speed bumps. Let's see who can find the cure first.
Yep same when going in dips too.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
//TRD
GeauxTigers is on a distinguished road

Name: Caleb
GeauxTigers's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same high pitched squeak in the front end. noticed it when i picked my truck up from the shop after putting spacer lift on.

anyways.. i was hoping it was the shocks and hoping that they would eventually wear into their new setting, but that hasn't happened yet. its soooo annoying. suggestions? (besides ditching the spacer lift and adding a suspension lift. its not in my budget and id rather not put a ton of money in a 6 year old truck i just purchased) lol thanks
Old 09-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #11
00yotasr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: lee
00yotasr5's Tacoma Gallery
sound like rubber rubbing against metal , hmmm my cousins truck did the same thing so we just spray some lubercant on all rubber to metal contact areas. uca/lca anything that moves up and down. give that a try
Old 09-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #12
What type of lubricant would you recommend??
Old 09-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #13
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Do you live by a lowes? They sell a lube in a spray can. It's white with a green top. Picture of the earth on it. Good stuff. It has quieted my steering components, leaf springs, and other stuff. It's safe for anything.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Do you live by a lowes? They sell a lube in a spray can. It's white with a green top. Picture of the earth on it. Good stuff. It has quieted my steering components, leaf springs, and other stuff. It's safe for anything.
Yea I live right by Lowes, I actually used to work their. I'll check it out today to see what I can find. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #17
BrandonDean is on a distinguished road
BrandonDean's Tacoma Gallery
I may have found the issue to the front end squeaking. (time will tell) When the hood is open and you bounce the truck you cant hear a thing the second i closed the hood the noise came right back. Couldn't find where anything was scratching until we looked at the hood latch. Paint was being scrapped off the bottom of the hook so my guess is that is was metal to metal noise from the front. After adding some lube i have not heard it in now 24hrs. Im sure when it dries again it will come right back so ill need to figure out a way to adjust it or see if toyota knows how to adjust the latch. Ill be back if it ends up not being the solution.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
Veteran
low boy is on a distinguished road

Army: Operator
low boy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomamaniac View Post
What type of lubricant would you recommend??
WD40 on the top of the shock housing, shocks, and the lower ends where it connects, same thing with the leaf springs (front and back) it'll need to be kept in check about every 3 months unless you just drill and tap for zues fittings. the wd40 works for me. no sqeeky bumps.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
PATACO13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ian
PATACO13's Tacoma Gallery
I had terrible front end squeaking on my 2000 reg cab. Was the lower control arm bushings. Take wheels off and spray white lithium grease with the red nozzle in where lca mounts to frame. Mine was quiet for about three weeks before it needed some more. Question: Does it still squeak when you're driving in the rain?