OMAC4 has a spectacular aura aboutOMAC4 has a spectacular aura about
Marines:
Name: Obed
OMAC4's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
OMAC-

If you're curious or interested in some tail lights i found some on ebay that you might be interested in. I am pretty sure you can get non-smoked too, but smoked is cooler.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...item3f0c145257
Thanks Oat. I'll check that out. I'm really just poking around with some ideas that i had. But i really wanna paint it. and its really not that cheap. Im just organizing my ideas. thanks for the link though!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #22
avidoffroad.com
Marines:
OMAC4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
Something like this is what you need. The 5smd ones are the ones I got and are very bright!!
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=31198792044
And there you are with even more help!! thanks dude. So ours only has four bulbs that you change?? what about the AC knob area??
Old 09-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #23
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Havent read the comments to see if you have it yet but here's a "how to" on taking apart the dash to access the cluster.
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=77
I went on superbrightleds.com and ordered 4, 194 (5 led 360 degree) wedge base bulbs and replaced them with blue
Attached Thumbnails
LED Dash Mod-lighters.jpg  
Old 09-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #24
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
you need 2, 74 lights for the ac pannel.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #25
avidoffroad.com
Marines:
OMAC4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
Havent read the comments to see if you have it yet but here's a "how to" on taking apart the dash to access the cluster.
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=77
I went on superbrightleds.com and ordered 4, 194 (5 led 360 degree) wedge base bulbs and replaced them with blue
DUUUUUUUDEEE! thats how i would want mine. thats sick. And yes. Jab08 beat you by a couple posts. but the effort is appreciated haha. what did you do about the gear...for some reason i cant think of the word...but where you switch from park to drive hahaha.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #26
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
you need 2, 74 lights for the ac pannel.
Did you do the AC panel? i tried but the orange film on the control panel made it look like sheet.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #27
SSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMAC4 View Post
DUUUUUUUDEEE! thats how i would want mine. thats sick. And yes. Jab08 beat you by a couple posts. but the effort is appreciated haha. what did you do about the gear...for some reason i cant think of the word...but where you switch from park to drive hahaha.
nothin lol, but yea get the 360 degree, if you dont itll look like this.
Look at how some places are alot brighter than others.
Attached Thumbnails
LED Dash Mod-ligt.jpg  
Old 09-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #28
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I done the ac lights and yes it was kinda disappointing.

But the gear selector lights are also 74's. Not really sure how many you need though.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #29
avidoffroad.com
Marines:
OMAC4's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Yeah I done the ac lights and yes it was kinda disappointing.

But the gear selector lights are also 74's. Not really sure how many you need though.
Maybe it'd look good if you got a dull yellow color for the gauges hahaha.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #30
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
The blue looks really good. I like my stock red, but blue is really nice. I did buy the non smoked-version of those tail lights, but they came back in the mail cracked, so im hesitant to buy the smoked version.

They look frekin' sick on your taco tho jab!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #31
avidoffroad.com
Marines:
OMAC4's Tacoma Gallery
OBG: yeah Jab already told me about that too. i guess he ran into the same exact thing... Are you the same person on two different accounts... haha jk. thanks to both of you. i really dont know jack about lighting.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #32
SSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMAC4 View Post
OBG: yeah Jab already told me about that too. i guess he ran into the same exact thing... Are you the same person on two different accounts... haha jk. thanks to both of you. i really dont know jack about lighting.
yea i read his comment saying that and i was puting more emphasis on it lol. cause if you do it, itll piss ya off.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 PM   #33
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Haha I think if you could get some real bright ones it may offset some of the yellow???? But thanks for the compliments on the taillights I love them!! And that blue looks absolutely sick!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #34
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
ahh what the hell. Ill throw mine in their. Mine is an 03 so it has the white backface. Looks pretty much like Jab's though. I did the gear indicator too, Just one 74.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #35
avidoffroad.com
Marines:
OMAC4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
ahh what the hell. Ill throw mine in their. Mine is an 03 so it has the white backface. Looks pretty much like Jab's though. I did the gear indicator too, Just one 74.

Nice dude that looks like a clean job! Can you post pictures of the gears?
Old 09-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #36
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to say, this is an awesome thread with a lot of good info. I have been thinking about doing this and I believe this thread has convinced me to do it
Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #37
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I did it in my old truck..it's pretty straightforward.

I did red.
I don't have pictures.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:13 PM   #38
NcTomPwice is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
NcTomPwice's Tacoma Gallery
what the bulb size for in the dash
Old 09-12-2011, 08:48 AM   #39
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
194's you will need 4 of them.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #40
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
I need the collective brain power of TW!!!! Well lets just say this could be epic or an epic fail. But I work at a parts house where I noticed that we have some neon tube stuff that just went on clearance and it kinda caught my interest. It looks small enough that it could be glued or somehow attached to the back of the needles. My only concerns is that there may not be enough clearance between the back of the needle and the face of the panel. If it does fit would the added weight cause the needles to not operate accurately? And another thing is how to actually get into the instrument panel? I tried to take the clear cover off the last time I had it out and it was not wanting to come off without braking. So if I could get some help and input on if this is actually possible and worth attempting it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Looks like it can be cut and wired back up?? Am I correct in assuming that??