Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LED Dash Mod

Old 04-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #121
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
All my LEDs will dim via the dimmer knob...

Here's my black ops green theme:

More detailed pics on my build HERE.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #122
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
A lot of LED bulbs require a driver to be able to dim....
With all the LEDs that I have used, I have yet to find one that did not dim with a dimmer control. If you have seen one, it would be the first I have heard of.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:06 AM   #124
vtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to allvtrguy is a name known to all

Name: Jarrod
vtrguy's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of pulling out the thermostat lights and installing the bulbs in the toyota holder I used 3 of the 360 t10s and just soldered them to the board. They're a lot brighter and the color is a lot more uniform.

Took me all of 10 minutes after I broke one of the stupid 74 type leds which I had already used in my ignition light.

The fit perfect and have a nice flat bottom to use. Just make sure to check polarity before soldering them.

Both the speed and temp control knobs are the same orientation but the direction is reversed.

Not my best soldering ever but it'll hold!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #125
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery

Finished Product.

Anybody have any idea on how to change the color on the clock?
Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #126
BigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant futureBigOly has a brilliant future

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribull View Post

Finished Product.

Anybody have any idea on how to change the color on the clock?

Hmm, your pics aren't showing up on my end

You can snag a green one from an older 1st gen taco (they are plug and play, I actually did this).

If you plan to go white check out this thread on T4R using colored plastics and swatch books.

BUT...just fyi, our taco clocks may be a little different then the 4runner clocks. The front plastic cover of our taco clocks have a colored see-thru texture.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #127
Only women shave beneath the neck.
Tribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shedTribull is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Tribull's Tacoma Gallery
I got my new AC Panel in today from sfxperformance.com. Here is the finished product.
Attached Thumbnails
LED Dash Mod-photo.jpg   LED Dash Mod-img_0830.jpg   LED Dash Mod-img_0836.jpg   LED Dash Mod-img_0833.jpg   LED Dash Mod-img_0838.jpg  

Old 05-14-2013, 08:30 AM   #128
offroad
kbbingham is on a distinguished road

Air Force: F-16 crew chief
kbbingham's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine last night. I cant dim the dash lights with the dimmer knob now. Any ideas on why?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #129
Tacomanc910 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Tacomanc910's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen how to pull out the ac cluster but after looking on my 2000 tacoma I can't figure out how to pull out the cluster. Can someone tell me where the screws and what not to get the screws are to get to the lights?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #130
offroad
kbbingham is on a distinguished road

Air Force: F-16 crew chief
kbbingham's Tacoma Gallery
Cluster removal

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=77
Old 05-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #131
Can someone tell me if these lights are the right ones to go into my AC panel on my 2000 Tacoma.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...edge-base/227/
Old 05-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #132
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanc910 View Post
Can someone tell me if these lights are the right ones to go into my AC panel on my 2000 Tacoma.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...edge-base/227/
I think those will fit there, but it would be better to get bulbs that have 5 leds on them instead of just 1; that way it will light up the whole panel instead of just a little spot.

The previously posted idea of taking apart a larger 194 bulb and soldering it in there is great.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #133
Quote:
Originally Posted by koco View Post
I think those will fit there, but it would be better to get bulbs that have 5 leds on them instead of just 1; that way it will light up the whole panel instead of just a little spot.

The previously posted idea of taking apart a larger 194 bulb and soldering it in there is great.
So these would problay work alittle better?
http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...edge-base/228/
Old 05-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #134
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used these exact ones in mine
Old 05-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #135
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, those would be better. Remember, if they don't light up the first time you can flip them over. Unlike the stock bulbs, the + and - sides of the led bulbs have to be lined up.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #136
Blindsider is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Craig
Blindsider's Tacoma Gallery
Almost done

Hey guys I got most of this done today. Cluster and shift lights are done but I'm having trouble with the AC panel lights. I've got them out but doesn't look like I got the right led's.

So I guess I need to order these instead?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...panel-led/709/
Old 05-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #137
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, so I really like the stock orange, it's my favorite color. But I want something different... Do you think that maybe the orange LED bulbs would make everything look better?
Old 05-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #138
professional trousersnake charmer
RJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJ MacReady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ/Mike Hauncho/HeavyHands
RJ MacReady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Hmm, so I really like the stock orange, it's my favorite color. But I want something different... Do you think that maybe the orange LED bulbs would make everything look better?
if you mean better by being brighter, then yes def.
they orange is a bit dated IMO.
Im getting things together for the black ops green led mod since my truck has a black/camo green thing goin.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #139
OmniPhillips is on a distinguished road
Name: Omni
OmniPhillips's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
The Gear Selectors.
How do you get to the lights below the gear selector. I have searched high and low on the internet and I can't find how to remove it on the first gens with the push button selector and overdrive.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #140
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniPhillips View Post
How do you get to the lights below the gear selector. I have searched high and low on the internet and I can't find how to remove it on the first gens with the push button selector and overdrive.
Have you tried to just take the thing apart? If I remember correctly, all you have to do is take off that section of the center console and and then pop the black "gear selector" housing off.. its just one 74 bulb under that. Takes maybe 5 minutes