Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LED Dash Mod

Old 05-28-2013, 03:07 AM   #142
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
My dash is slowly coming along. I wish I had ordered all my bulbs at once... smh... So far I have done the gauge clusters and the temp control face. I also want to find a way to make the clock red, or I may just get rid of it since I have a clock on my radio and use the plastic that goes in place to mount switches. and im going to do the shifter bulb either red or white. not sure yet. opinions?

heres how it is now...

only complaint is its a little spotty behind the temp controls, but its really not too bad, and at night its MUCH better. the blue on the middle knob doesn't let the light through very well either.

I used:

gauges - WLED-xHP5
temp controls - NEOx-xHP (4mm) (thanks to Taco Man in HD for telling me the bulb type)

and going to use 74-xHP3 for the shifter
Old 05-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #143
OmniPhillips is on a distinguished road
Name: Omni
OmniPhillips's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
Have you tried to just take the thing apart? If I remember correctly, all you have to do is take off that section of the center console and and then pop the black "gear selector" housing off.. its just one 74 bulb under that. Takes maybe 5 minutes
Sweet, Thanks. All my LED's are being shipped as we speak. I just wanted to know how to get to them all before I started.

Ebay has much better pricing than Superbrightleds.com, shipping takes a bit longer since it's coming from china though.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #144
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniPhillips View Post
Sweet, Thanks. All my LED's are being shipped as we speak. I just wanted to know how to get to them all before I started.

Ebay has much better pricing than Superbrightleds.com, shipping takes a bit longer since it's coming from china though.
You pay for quality ha I've had my superbrightleds for about 2.5 years now and no problems
Old 05-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #145
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
They all come from china anyhow.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #146
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
TRUST ME!!!! I have had experience with egay lights, superbright leds, and vleds. Every egay bulb I have ever had or even seen has started to flicker within the first few weeks and then go completely out in a few months tops. I tend to deal with vleds mostly because they offer free shipping on most stuff and their customer service is freaking amazing! Trust me even though they all may be made in China the build quality is night and day!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #147
Blindsider is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Craig
Blindsider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
Did these "PC74's" work?
Just ordered them today. Ill update when I get them.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #148
Tacomanc910 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Tacomanc910's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone recomend the LED bulb they used for their instrument cluster? I'm looking at the bulbs from superbrightleds.com and can't figure out exactly which one i may need.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #149
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsider View Post
Just ordered them today. Ill update when I get them.
These were too big.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #150
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine the other day. Love it
Old 06-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #151
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanc910 View Post
Can anyone recomend the LED bulb they used for their instrument cluster? I'm looking at the bulbs from superbrightleds.com and can't figure out exactly which one i may need.
WLED-xHP5
Old 06-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #152
Firefighter:
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
Did these "PC74's" work?
So the actual base wedge is too big but I was doing way too much research just to find the right fitting for these damn things and came across this:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=118109

Where he basically ordered the same thing and realized you can pull the bulb out and mod it to fit the stock base. So I was able to do the same thing and that 74 wedge bulb worked fine. I'd give a completed pic but I busted the little arm of the control board with the one light trying to remove them from the front without reading the how to fully. And then tried to use goo gone to get the orange of the panel which removes the black too.
Good times.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #153
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
. and im going to do the shifter bulb either red or white. not sure yet. opinions?
I did mine in red, want pics?

My dash, temp and shifter are all red. with an overly bright blue headunit :P
Old 06-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #154
jkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of lightjkirkpatrick is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jkirkpatrick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post

I'm in for some pics. Can't decide to go red or green. Pics are always nice to have as a reference point.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post

I saw one guys in red but lets see it! also what bulb number did you get? you got it from superbrightleds.com?
Old 06-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #156
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
One of my LEDs is flickering
Old 06-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #157
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
The "74 wedge" LEDs are the ones that work for the AC control head, and the shifter. I have them on my Tacoma (The AC control head ones, I have a manual trans so no shifter light) and they work just fine. I don't know if it is just because I am lucky, but I have had no complaints or problems with the LEDs I have in my truck, or in my customers trucks, and I have a regular supplier on Fleabay that I get my LEDs from.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
The "74 wedge" LEDs are the ones that work for the AC control head, and the shifter. I have them on my Tacoma (The AC control head ones, I have a manual trans so no shifter light) and they work just fine. I don't know if it is just because I am lucky, but I have had no complaints or problems with the LEDs I have in my truck, or in my customers trucks, and I have a regular supplier on Fleabay that I get my LEDs from.
I think the 74 wedge bulbs may work in the older temp control units, but you need a different kind for the 01-04 at least. i have the bulb number listed in my post above.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #159
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
I think the 74 wedge bulbs may work in the older temp control units, but you need a different kind for the 01-04 at least. i have the bulb number listed in my post above.
I was referring to the picture that I copied below. I guess I should have been more specific, The bulbs in the red twist-in holders are 74wedge.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #160
Senior Lurker
jacky_bubbles will become famous soon enough

jacky_bubbles's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone's looking to do this mod, mine's up for grabs. You get 5x194 and 3x74 bulbs. Enough to do your climate controls and shift console if you wish. $40 shipped to the lower 48 AND Canada.

Practically brand new from Superbrightleds, I installed.. didn't like, pulled right out.

Warm White. It'll look like TacoSkeet's below

-Bubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post