Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st Gens Too Old Now?

Old 09-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Bigmikelakers is on a distinguished road
Bigmikelakers's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gens Too Old Now?

I bought this same topic up on T4R.org on the 3rd gen 4runners. I want to get folks opinions regarding the 1st gen Tacoma. I had a talk with my ex a few months back. I told her I was looking into a 4runner either 3rd or 4th gen. I also told her that I'll take a '99 if I like it. She said 1999 is over 12 years ago and is kind of old now for a car. I also told her about a 2001 Tacoma Double Cab and she said thats newer but, will be really old in like a year or two. Personally 1st gen Tacomas look better than the newer ones. The only thing that is better about the 2nd gens is the interior. Has anyone else ever had someone tell you that your 1st gen is an old car?
Old 09-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmikelakers View Post
I bought this same topic up on T4R.org on the 3rd gen 4runners. I want to get folks opinions regarding the 1st gen Tacoma. I had a talk with my ex a few months back. I told her I was looking into a 4runner either 3rd or 4th gen. I also told her that I'll take a '99 if I like it. She said 1999 is over 12 years ago and is kind of old now for a car. I also told her about a 2001 Tacoma Double Cab and she said thats newer but, will be really old in like a year or two. Personally 1st gen Tacomas look better than the newer ones. The only thing that is better about the 2nd gens is the interior. Has anyone else ever had someone tell you that your 1st gen is an old car?
No, but I agree about the 2nd gen interior, love it, as for the rest of the truck not impressed at all really.

I'd still take my "old 2000" over a newer 2nd gen. just my $.02
Old 09-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is a 1995. Nobody has ever told me it is old. Most people that don't know tacomas think that it is a 2000 something and they are amazed that it is 16 years old. It has 98,000 miles and the biggest ding on it is the size of a dime. 1st gens are not too old if they have been taken care of.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma View Post
Mine is a 1995. Nobody has ever told me it is old. Most people that don't know tacomas think that it is a 2000 something and they are amazed that it is 16 years old. It has 98,000 miles and the biggest ding on it is the size of a dime. 1st gens are not too old if they have been taken care of.

Well put.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
I blow off the hate cause 1st gens is sexay! haha i dont like the 2nd gen's exterior may be just me tho. Their interior is cool tho but you can make 1st's interior cool too
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gens Too Old Now?-lighters.jpg  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
I blow off the hate cause 1st gens is sexay! haha i dont like the 2nd gen's exterior may be just me tho. Their interior is cool tho but you can make 1st's interior cool too
I like the 2nd's interior also, just seems more roomy? but the exterior seems a little to car like to me.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #7
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Body wise mine has paid a price (not unrepairably so) I offroad quite a bit, mine has 172k, still starts right up, doesn't use any oil, doesn't leak a drop of anything but I'm also somewhat anal with maintenance , complete driveline lubes prolly 8-10 a year (or more if I felt it neccessary, same with oil changes tho not quite as often)
Old 09-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #8
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
1st gens>anything else created by anyone, ever.

any questions?

I have a 2000 and love it. nobody's ever said it was "too old"...mainly because everyone in hawaii has a 1st gen
Old 09-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #9
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
1st gens are cool
Old 09-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #10
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. I am buying a 1st gen DC soon!!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #11
Turp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud ofTurp has much to be proud of
Firefighter: Operations: Fire, Technical Rescue, EMS
Turp's Tacoma Gallery
I liked the 1st gens when they came out and have really only seen a few 2nd gens I liked. Agreed the larger size and interior of the 2nd gen is appealing.

All said, I'd still take any gen Taco over any other make.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
You probably should disregard her opinion, and listen to people who have owned a 1st gen/3rd gen. Especially since she's your ex, and sounds like she doesn't know what she is talking about..
Old 09-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gens are great! I'd still have the one I owned 5 years ago if it were 4 door....I traded it in for the 2nd gen I have now
Old 09-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #14
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
1st Gens are great! I'd still have the one I owned 5 years ago if it were 4 door....I traded it in for the 2nd gen I have now

EEEeeewwwwww !!! Scott likes plastic......

waaaaz crakin' buddy ??
Old 09-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #15
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
ive got a 96 4x4 i like it ok...its a little small for me but gets decent gas mileage and has ac that will freeze you out of the truck
Old 09-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #16
Mountainhound is on a distinguished road
Mountainhound's Tacoma Gallery
Well an argument could be made for mine being old it's a 95 with 260,xxx miles. But heck it's new to me I just bought it last week. Needs a tune up rear leafs and has a couple leaks, but hey it was cheap enough and still runs good and I am sure will run better once I get things all done.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #17
ohdrj1all will become famous soon enoughohdrj1all will become famous soon enough

ohdrj1all's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmikelakers View Post
???... nothing personal... but that sounds like a comment from someone who is too young (ie, doesn't know wtf they are talking about). There are tons an tons of 12+ year old cars and trucks on the road (especially Toyotas). I would disregard what your ex has said and be glad she is your ex!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #19
68vert is on a distinguished road

68vert's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota trucks well kept and cleanly modded are cool at any age. Timeless IMO
Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #20
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
my 95 dosnt even have 95,000 miles on it yet haha