Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #1681
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC15 View Post
What do you guys usually set your 5100s on with the coils and everything
"0" or the stock height setting.

The eibach coils alone will give about 3-3.5'' of lift, which is alone is a lot on stock IFS.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #1682
LSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant future

Name: Logan
LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
"0" or the stock height setting.

The eibach coils alone will give about 3-3.5'' of lift, which is alone is a lot on stock IFS.
Thanks man
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #1683
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365355586.664929.jpg
Don't know if I posted this one yet
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #1684
TNTacoma2012 is on a distinguished road
Navy: 1987-2002
Name: Steve
TNTacoma2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man
IF you set the 5100's at top ring, yes, they will give you 3"...but that starts putting alot of stress on things you dont want to stress on a IFS...ToyTec recommended the middle ring...brings you in at about 2.5" and then the AAL give you 1-1.5" in the rear and levels it out perfectly.

Obviously the minute you drop it off the jack stands, its going to LOOK like 4", but the springs settle in pretty quick...and imho, drives 3x better than a stock suspension and can handle 33's perfectly...Im running 265/70R17's with no issues at all...and no more rolling in corners, doesnt chatter the back tires over bumps...the girl friend actually prefers the ride of my truck than her BMW 328i!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #1685
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTacoma2012 View Post
IF you set the 5100's at top ring, yes, they will give you 3"...but that starts putting alot of stress on things you dont want to stress on a IFS...ToyTec recommended the middle ring...brings you in at about 2.5" and then the AAL give you 1-1.5" in the rear and levels it out perfectly.

Obviously the minute you drop it off the jack stands, its going to LOOK like 4", but the springs settle in pretty quick...and imho, drives 3x better than a stock suspension and can handle 33's perfectly...Im running 265/70R17's with no issues at all...and no more rolling in corners, doesnt chatter the back tires over bumps...the girl friend actually prefers the ride of my truck than her BMW 328i!
What you are saying here might apply to a 2nd gens but LSC15 has a 1st gen

Quote:
What do you guys usually set your 5100s on with the coils and everything
As TacoMX told you, set the spring perch on the lowest level on your 1st gen Tacoma. The Eibach coils will give a v6 Tacoma more than 3" of lift initially.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #1686
nbitzer is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
nbitzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsurfer View Post
They had no idea (could be weeks or months)....got the same answer from Toytec, wish I had a better answer for both our sake. Oh well...atleast it gives time to save the $$
Just talked with Toytec, and they said they hope to have the Eibachs in next week. I also just learned they are like all of 20 minutes from where I live...so I can just drive on down and pick them up.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #1687
sbsurfer is on a distinguished road

sbsurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbitzer View Post
Just talked with Toytec, and they said they hope to have the Eibachs in next week. I also just learned they are like all of 20 minutes from where I live...so I can just drive on down and pick them up.
Nice, lucky for you they're so close. I ended up getting their Ultimate Lift, came in the mail yesterday. I'm hoping to get it on the truck this weekend then I'll be sure to post pics. Was stoked to see this box at the doorstep when i got home. The Kings are for my Tundra..both Toyota's will be very happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery-photo.jpg  
Old 04-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #1688
nbitzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice, lucky for you they're so close. I ended up getting their Ultimate Lift, came in the mail yesterday. I'm hoping to get it on the truck this weekend then I'll be sure to post pics. Was stoked to see this box at the doorstep when i got home. The Kings are for my Tundra..both Toyota's will be very happy.
Nice man! Definitely want to see pics of both trucks!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #1689

Quote:
Nice man! Definitely want to see pics of both trucks!
Here you go. Put the King c/o's on the Tundra saturday (and new Konig wheels) and installed the Toytec Ultimate Lift on the tacoma Sunday (the ULK is an Eibach spring with 5100's) I also put 5100's and an AAL on the Tacoma...very happy with results from both trucks

I used the bottle jack between the inner fender and the UCA to get the coil overs into the Taco. The only other part that gave a bit of trouble was the center bolt in the leaf pack when installing the AAL. This is where two people came in handy, other than that is was a pretty straight forward install....Started at noon and was done by 5pm (with a few beer breaks here and there).
Attached Thumbnails
Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery-tacoma.jpg   Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery-tundra.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #1690
nbitzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here you go. Put the King c/o's on the Tundra saturday (and new Konig wheels) and installed the Toytec Ultimate Lift on the tacoma Sunday (the ULK is an Eibach spring with 5100's) I also put 5100's and an AAL on the Tacoma...very happy with results from both trucks

I used the bottle jack between the inner fender and the UCA to get the coil overs into the Taco. The only other part that gave a bit of trouble was the center bolt in the leaf pack when installing the AAL. This is where two people came in handy, other than that is was a pretty straight forward install....Started at noon and was done by 5pm (with a few beer breaks here and there).
Sweet! Trucks look good man!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #1691
joeer77 is on a distinguished road

joeer77's Tacoma Gallery
SBSurfer

SBSurfer. You Tacoma looks sweet. Thinking about adding Eibachs to my 5100s up front.Couple questions for you:

1. What size tire you running? Looks like a 31X10.50 on 15" rim
2. What is you rim back spacing?
3. Did you have to remove the front mud flaps to prevent rubbing? (noticed they are gone)
4. How is the ride qualtiy on the Eibachs? Stiffer?

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #1692

Quote:
Sweet! Trucks look good man!
Thanks man...stoked for sure. Now to go get em both dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeer77 View Post
SBSurfer. You Tacoma looks sweet. Thinking about adding Eibachs to my 5100s up front.Couple questions for you:

1. What size tire you running? Looks like a 31X10.50 on 15" rim
2. What is you rim back spacing?
3. Did you have to remove the front mud flaps to prevent rubbing? (noticed they are gone)
4. How is the ride qualtiy on the Eibachs? Stiffer?

Thanks.
I'm running the stock tire size to get MPG's decent, 265/70/16 (31's). I have them on American Racing steelies model AR767. Not sure what BS is to be honest...they're 16x8. I'm sure American Racing can answer the BS question. The front mud flaps were on the truck when i bought it. But since this is the stock size tire i wouldn't think rubbing would be an issue. The do seem to come pretty damn close to the brake caliper but aren't touching it at all. I would like to do the Tundra front brake swap on the Taco when it comes times to do brakes and am hoping the wheels won't cause any issues.

The ride quality is waaaaaayyyy better than stock. A bit stiffer but just feels better...more solid so to speak. Keep in mind these are the Toytec adjustable coilovers, it's a Billy 5100 with an Eibach spring but not the Eibach spring most of the guys in this thread are running. I didn't want to wait for the backordered Eibachs AND I really didn't want to lift the truck 3 inches b/c i knew i would keep the stock tire size. To be honest i was really looking to just lift it and inch and half or two inches and that was a major deciding factor in going with the adjustable coil overs. Also I do plan on getting the Trailgear front bumper in the near future and the adjustable c/o's will come in handy when i add more weight to the front end.

Hope that info helps.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #1693
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
What you are saying here might apply to a 2nd gens but LSC15 has a 1st gen

As TacoMX told you, set the spring perch on the lowest level on your 1st gen Tacoma. The Eibach coils will give a v6 Tacoma more than 3" of lift initially.
How quickly do the Eibach springs settle?
If you have a 4WD 1st Gen Tacoma, 3''+ of lift is way too much and will give you bad CV angles. Are the people with 4WD having to replace their Axles a month or two after the lift is installed?

Theo
Old 04-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #1694
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
If you have a 4WD 1st Gen Tacoma, 3''+ of lift is way too much and will give you bad CV angles. Are the people with 4WD having to replace their Axles a month or two after the lift is installed?

Theo
they dont. eibachs don't sag under the weight of a bumper. so they will pretty much stay where they are at.

And im sure im at least at 3" and my cv boots are not enjoying life. A diff drop has seemed to curb the tearing for now though. I also have a 4 cyl, so the added weight of a v6, a bumper and a winch is ideal for these coils so the ride isn't so harsh.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #1695
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
I had to replace my driver's side about a week after I lifted. And now, about a year later, my passenger side has now ripped. I need some weight on the front. I does ride better than stock, but still rough. Its a driveway queen right now though, as I am driving 8o miles round trip for work daily. So frusty. I miss my truck. Weather has gotten nice finally here so I will be getting the bike out tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #1696
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
New pic today with the new coils finally on.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #1697
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
What size tire is that rippin?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #1698
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post

Theo
The CV joint itself is pretty strong and can handle the excessive angle when you are at 3"+. What doesn't hold up well is the inner CV boot. When the fins touch they will wear through and end up tearing.

Some also experience a high speed vibration (50-60 mph), a diff drop kit can help eliminate or minimize vibs if you get them.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #1699
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
Attachment 205731
Don't know if I posted this one yet
Nice looking truck.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #1700
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
What size tire is that rippin?
285/75/16, basically a 33"

Products Discussed in this Thread