Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #1741
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Tacoma13 View Post
14 hours to do the lift? did i miss something, i just installed mine. 5100/eibach spring combo. took me roughly 3 hours to do front and rear.

front remove wheel, remove lower shock bolt, upper 3 bolts. sway bar end link, remove 4 lower balljoint bolts. secure coilover assembly with upper bolts finger tight. pry UCA downwards and line up the lower shock bolt. then use a jack from below the LCA and line it back up. torque bolt's and release jack. re-connect sway bar end link.

rear took even less time. jack truck up, remove bolt's from diff housing for hard lines/mount for brake line tree so it can "bend up some" and allow more diff sag. brush dirt out of u-bolt threads. little heat, penetrating lube. breaker bar and remove by hand. compress leaf springs together with c-clamp at front and back of differential. remove nut off centering pin. drop differential down, slip in your AAL. gently raise differential into place, leaf's will remain centered. may take a bit of tension to push it through. then reverse steps.

that's how i did mine. all on the ground with hand tools, first time working with a leaf spring in my life, i had tinkered with the front a bit before though.
Yes, you did miss something. Changing the upper ball joints is a bitch.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #1742
98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future98Tacoma13 has a brilliant future
98Tacoma13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
roger.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #1743
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is anyone in here running this setup?

Bilstein 5100 Adjustables up front & Bilstein 5125's in back?

http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-96...ront-rear.html
Old 05-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #1744
CBR1000RR is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
CBR1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
If I am not mistaken the rear shocks you speak of have a longer travel then the 5100's but your not lifting 4-6" so they are completely uneccessary. Just get the 5100
Old 05-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #1745
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
with the right tools/method, and as long as they aren't too corroded its cake.

It took me about an hour to do one side when I put on my all pro UCA's.

Used a pickle fork to separate the UCA from the BJ, and some sockets and a big C-clamp to press out the ball joint.

The ball joint shot out at me like a rocket, but nonetheless, fairly simple.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:17 AM   #1746
Nick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of lightNick_Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Nick
Nick_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have Bilstien 5100's/Eibachs in the front now with an AAL/5100's in the back.

Rears springs have had it and I'm thinking of going with OME Dakars and OME Nitro Sport shocks but keeping the 5100's/Eibachs up front. Anyone running this setup?
Old 05-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #1747
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadMtnMikey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post

I just got 5125's, hopefully throwing them on tomorrow. I needed another 2" of travel after adding longer shackles with my AAL.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #1748
Rebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tyler
Rebel Taco Man's Tacoma Gallery
Startin on mine tomorrow! im pumped guys!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #1749
Rebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the rough

what about problems with tearing boots? how many have done this?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #1750
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR1000RR View Post
If I am not mistaken the rear shocks you speak of have a longer travel then the 5100's but your not lifting 4-6" so they are completely uneccessary. Just get the 5100
Are you saying that the 5100's are able to accomodate a rear lift?
I was planning on either replacing my leafs or putting an AAL to help reshapy my old worn pack and provide enough lift to have the truck sit level after I lift the front about 2 - 2.5 in the front.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #1751
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you saying that the 5100's are able to accomodate a rear lift?
I was planning on either replacing my leafs or putting an AAL to help reshapy my old worn pack and provide enough lift to have the truck sit level after I lift the front about 2 - 2.5 in the front.
I'm running 5100's with 2" of lift in the rear, no problems at all with them.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #1752
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
5100s should be able to handle 0-2" of lift with no issues

I also run 2" in the rear with 5100's
Old 05-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #1753
The Anti-Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
5100s should be able to handle 0-2" of lift with no issues

I also run 2" in the rear with 5100's

And in the front, what do you have up there?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #1754
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm running 5100 w/ eibachs in front. 5125's in back w/ OME Dakar leaf springs.
I love it, Ride and looks.

Here's mine with the lift. New/ bigger tires are comming soon, once the money tree is ready for pickin
Attached Thumbnails
Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery-image.jpg  
Old 05-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #1755
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco Man View Post
what about problems with tearing boots? how many have done this?
You will rip boots, comes with the territory.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #1756

my rake is back!!! i have bilstein 5100's i ordered from DSM, and eibachs and a 2" leaf from toytec. and my rake is back, why is my rake back?! every other truck running this is level, or under level.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #1757
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco Man View Post
my rake is back!!! i have bilstein 5100's i ordered from DSM, and eibachs and a 2" leaf from toytec. and my rake is back, why is my rake back?! every other truck running this is level, or under level.
They will probably settle a little
Old 05-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #1759
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What spring pack did you add the AAL to?
Did you add new leaf packs or AAL? Some people have to set the billies on the 2nd notch (1st gens only have 3 notches). Not sure why but maybe that would help? I have mine set on stock ride height with the coil providing the 3" lift. My new leaf packs added exactly 2.25" to the rear. Before adding the new suspension I was stock everything and for whatever reason I was sitting very close to level. After the new susp. I'm sitting 1/4" higher in the front.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #1760

i have eibach coils up front, so my shocks are on first setting, but i added the 2" aal to my stock leafs and it really re-arched them. cause i have a rake now.

Products Discussed in this Thread