Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #1761
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Taco Man View Post
i have eibach coils up front, so my shocks are on first setting, but i added the 2" aal to my stock leafs and it really re-arched them. cause i have a rake now.
A little rake is good as it makes it easier to get a good alignment. Too much does look a little goofy tho.

A simple easy fix would be to add some weight to the back to get it down some. Might also help to get the AAL broken in and settled.

Do you have a pic of it from the side?
Old 06-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #1762
DUCKSHOT is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
DUCKSHOT's Tacoma Gallery
So I have read all 89 pages and I have only one question....
Since I just found out that Eibach springs everyone is using are not made for the Tacoma.
"Why is everyone using Eibach/Bilstein combo instead of just the Bilstein Height adjustable shock with the stock spring?

The Bilstein shock was designed to be used with the stock spring and you would think the the company would have designed it right so it would work without using a heavier duty spring. I wonder if there is a possibility of future damage to the front end.

I will getting the Eibach/Bilstein combo with Dakkar Leaf packs just because it seems the only way to lift and level the truck without an AAL. I need new leaf packs since mine are flat so it seems this is the best option for me.

Tell me what you guys think, especially y'all that have had it on for a while and do some serious wheelin.

EDIT:
So Eibach says they don't make one for my truck but when I mention Toytec and the part # they said I have to get all info from Toytec.
Bilstien said the same thing and have to talk to Race Car Dynamics. That guy was helpful.

I just wanted to know for warranty purposes and cause when you hear something isn't made for that you wanna check it out. He basicly said go to who sold it to me for a warrant purposes.

Sorry I y'all knew this already or don't care but I hope it helps!!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #1763
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100's have the option of lifting with stock coils but it really is a temp solution because it is doing the same thing as spacers do, precompressing the spring. The 5100 is longer than stock allowing it to work with the Eibach coil which has a different spring rate which lifts the truck without all the precompression. As far as the coils go they are made for tacomas. Eibach exclusively produces this particular spring soley for toytech which is why the springs have Toytech part number and not an Eibach part number. The Eibachs and Bilsteins were made to go together just like the OME springs and nitrochargers. The snap ring is just a function that allows for lift with stock spring. People buy them because of the length, not the snap ring.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #1764
DUCKSHOT is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
DUCKSHOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Head View Post
The 5100's have the option of lifting with stock coils but it really is a temp solution because it is doing the same thing as spacers do, precompressing the spring. The 5100 is longer than stock allowing it to work with the Eibach coil which has a different spring rate which lifts the truck without all the precompression. As far as the coils go they are made for tacomas. Eibach exclusively produces this particular spring soley for toytech which is why the springs have Toytech part number and not an Eibach part number. The Eibachs and Bilsteins were made to go together just like the OME springs and nitrochargers. The snap ring is just a function that allows for lift with stock spring. People buy them because of the length, not the snap ring.
Now that makes a lot of sense and no one told me that and didn't read it or overlooked it somewhere. Thanks a lot for the info.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #1765
Gear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shedGear Head is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
Gear Head's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKSHOT View Post
Now that makes a lot of sense and no one told me that and didn't read it or overlooked it somewhere. Thanks a lot for the info.
No problem man. I found out some of it the hard way too haha.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #1766
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
My set up with one issue. I have a maxed out UCA ball joint I think. I have a loins squeak, squawk on a bushing or metallic. It happens if I rock the front up and down, turning the wheel driving and stopped. Mainly putting a down pressure load and releasing that load.
Setup
5100's with Eibach @ Zero. Bottom
5100's rear
Allpro 3" leaf pack rear
Toytech rear brake line
BPV bracket
Have not installed diff drop yet
Old 06-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #1767
POINT ONE %ER
Dirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty Pool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dirty Pool's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk1589 View Post
My set up with one issue. I have a maxed out UCA ball joint I think. I have a loins squeak, squawk on a bushing or metallic. It happens if I rock the front up and down, turning the wheel driving and stopped. Mainly putting a down pressure load and releasing that load.
Setup
5100's with Eibach @ Zero. Bottom
5100's rear
Allpro 3" leaf pack rear
Toytech rear brake line
BPV bracket
Have not installed diff drop yet
I originally replied to your post in the "What have you done to your Taco" thread but I guess this is a better place.
----------------------------------------------

I can't tell from your pic but it is possible to install the black lower spring seat on upside down resulting in a lot higher ride height than anticipated.

One side of the seat (the lower side) has a groove on the inside intended to slide over the c-clip. This feature "contains" the clip preventing it from spreading apart, popping out of the groove and then sliding down the shock body under the weight of the truck. A dangerous situation to say the least.

If the yours is upside down you should be able to see it. Look closely up under the seat, if you see the majority of the outside edge of the clip it's a boo boo. We are talking about 2" or more lift than anticipated.

Just a thought.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #1768
Rebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tyler
Rebel Taco Man's Tacoma Gallery

Before Leveling Kit
After Leveling
After Lift, same tires in all three pics, just different wheels in the last one. i gotta get around to doing my build thread as well, but for now. and thanks for all the advice on the rake question.
Attached Thumbnails
Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery-before-level.jpg   Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery-20120304_122840.jpg   Bilstein 5100 / Eibach Gallery-img_2386.jpg  
Old 06-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #1769
Rebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the roughRebel Taco Man is a jewel in the rough

sorry guys, the words got shifted, let me know if yall can see the pics or not too, but the first picture is with no leveling kit, the second is with the 2" spacer leveling kit, and third is with 2" aal, eibachs, and bilsteins. but it doesnt do justice of the rake i have now...
Old 06-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #1770
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Spacers are junk.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #1771

i know this, i have new suspension now, but im only 18 and i didnt have much money at the time. gimme a break.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #1772
Banned
Quote:
i know this, i have new suspension now, but im only 18 and i didnt have much money at the time. gimme a break.
Ok that's reasonable. Just be careful with them. You're just starting off, I wanna see your build when it's finished.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #1773

it is done? lol the third picture i posted is my finished truck until i get new tires, i have eibachs/bilstiens front and rear and a 2" aal i have blacked out headlights, corners, and blinkers, and my rear taillights are led smoked, and a custom third smoked brake light with led bulbs.

I posted three pictures a couple days ago, did they not upload right? they were in order of before leveling kit (stock), after leveling spacer (2" block upfront), third pic was finished as it sits today.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #1774
JMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jack
JMaberry's Tacoma Gallery
Having now read through most of this thread, I have one main question.

I love my truck, and the most important thing for me is to keep it running as long as possible. I don't plan on keeping it for a few years then selling it, I'm gonna run it into the ground haha. Now I love the look of the 5100s/eibach lift (obviously), but I know the 3+ inches of lift it gives is into the gray area of causing some issues. My question is, other than ride quality what are you compromising by getting a setup like this? I can deal with having to do boot slide mod or replace a boot here and there and maybe a less than perfect alignment, but I'm wondering more about the impact on overall longevity. If I'm at 162,000 miles right now and hoping to get at least double that out of my taco, is a lift like this a bad idea? Am I better off going with the 2 inches or so of lift I would get with 881s/882s? Thanks for your input guys.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #1775

go big or go home, you will love the ride out of it after new suspension, and it isnt guaranteed that you will ever blow a cv boot. but other than that just minor things like ball joints, bushings, things like that is all that will wear unless you get out and raw dawg your truck like most people do, with oversized tires..
Old 07-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #1776
JMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to beholdJMaberry is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jack
JMaberry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
go big or go home, you will love the ride out of it after new suspension, and it isnt guaranteed that you will ever blow a cv boot. but other than that just minor things like ball joints, bushings, things like that is all that will wear unless you get out and raw dawg your truck like most people do, with oversized tires..
Thanks for the advice. Just put in an order at wheelers yesterday for 5100s, eibachs, and dakars! I'll post pics once I get everything installed.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #1777
For sale
TheGluv11 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Silent Service
Name: Andy
TheGluv11's Tacoma Gallery
Put my 5100's, Eibach's, AAL, and Toytec 1" shackle. I had it aligned not to long ago and after the lift I had it aligned so Attached is the results of that. Also I got a before hight and after hight with 31" tires on for the front. The 5100's are set to 0 (lowest notch) that is the configuration you would want with this setup.
Before

After

Front before

Front After

Cheep exhaust drop (old shackle)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tacoma alignment.pdf (638.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #1778
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGluv11 View Post
Put my 5100's, Eibach's, AAL, and Toytec 1" shackle. I had it aligned not to long ago and after the lift I had it aligned so Attached is the results of that. Also I got a before hight and after hight with 31" tires on for the front. The 5100's are set to 0 (lowest notch) that is the configuration you would want with this setup.
Before

After

Front before

Front After

Cheep exhaust drop (old shackle)
Nice! Have any pictures of how the truck sits after the lift? side view or whatever. Gonna be ordering parts for my lift soon.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #1780
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just a little stumped. Already got my Toytec AAL and 5100 bushings ordered and still trying to come to a conclusion on the rest.

I will be getting 5100's all around but I'm not sure which route to go as for the coils.

I thought I had my mind set on 883's, but then wanting to make sure I get the result I want. Then I keep thinking about Eibach's or 882's. Also lift height longevity comes into play when considering sagging over time.

Products Discussed in this Thread