Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st gen Speedo needle mod!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 AM   #81
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuali7866 View Post
$40! Where the hell do you live that they're giving away gas for free! I pay close to double that to fill up my truck.
I'm sure that wasn't a normal fill-up. I've done this as well. You just fill it up no matter how much you currently have, so it makes it much more accurate when placing the needle at F rather than guessing where it should be without filling up.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #82
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Correct! Plus that was like almost 2 years ago lol! Gas at that time was around $2.75 if I remember correctly.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #83
yamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tyler
yamahahauler's Tacoma Gallery
So if I understand correctly all you do to set the needles is move them in the direction they need to go?? And if I get blue bulbs ad paint my needles white they will glow blue at night and white in the day when the lights are off? I've got the black background for my cluster btw
Old 07-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #84
jab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud ofjab08 has much to be proud of
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahahauler View Post
So if I understand correctly all you do to set the needles is move them in the direction they need to go?? And if I get blue bulbs ad paint my needles white they will glow blue at night and white in the day when the lights are off? I've got the black background for my cluster btw
In order to set the needles you have to take them off the pin and adjust them accordingly. If you just move them while still on the pin they will just go right back to where they were. And I would assume that by painting the needles white they would light up whatever color the bulbs are. That combo would look pretty sick!!! Keep us posted!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #85
yamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamahahauler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: tyler
yamahahauler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the quick reply! That makes sense now I know tere is a pin and what not. And I hope so I just ordered the led off eBay yesterday so it might be a week or so until I post some pics
Old 07-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #86
jab08's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal!! Hope everything turns out well! Ill be waiting on the pictures!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #87
PreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of lightPreRunning is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Clayton
PreRunning's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab08 View Post
Good deal!! Hope everything turns out well! Ill be waiting on the pictures!
x2
Old 04-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #88
RocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RocktheRed's Tacoma Gallery
I tried this mod....broke one of the needles off of the metal pin so I guess I'll be replacing the whole cluster asap!