Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Passenger side window being stubborn. How do i fix it?

Old 09-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Passenger side window being stubborn. How do i fix it?

So i've had this issue with the pass. side window since i bought the truck, My GF has finally nagged me enough to fix it. It goes up and down very slowly, and i have to put my thumb at the base of the button and push down for it to move at all. If i don't give it the right amount of pressure at the base it wont move. Also, if I put the window all the way down, the passenger side button will not move the window. I have to move it up slightly with the control on the driver side for the pass side button to work at all. And then sometimes the passenger side window button doesn't respond to input at all, as if the window lock button is pressed. What do i have to do to fix it? new window motor?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Whats MID?

Take the door panels off and Honda makes a window channel lub.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
bicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ronnie
bicklebok's Tacoma Gallery
It almost sounds like you have 2 problems-the passenger switch and the motor. If the window always moves slow no matter which switch you use, the motor is likely going bad.

I just put a window motor in my truck a few weeks ago. bought it on ebay for about $50. i'm not gonna lie, it was a pretty tough job for someone with my skills.

Im sure there's a way to test current on the switch and motor, but I never did that on mine so I dont know how.

You may want to pull the door panel off and make sure everything is on track and not binding before you go any further.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
Whats MID?

Take the door panels off and Honda makes a window channel lub.
R u talking about my sig? Mid as in the sound range between base and treble

Hmm I hadn't thought of the possibility of compound issues.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a bad master switch (driver's side) to me.

All the power for that window runs through the driver's switch no matter which switch you are using. Obviously the driver's side gets the most use, and most wear.

Don't know if you can take these apart. I have disassembled switches, filed the contacts flat, and put them back together, but not on a Toyota.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
i didnt feel like starting a new thread to do this and sorry to threadjack but anyone ever had the little ball joint on the window slide just come out? thats whats causing my problems and i cant get the little bastard back in its joint. anyone know a trick or something?