1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Changing color of climate control lights on 1st gen

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Dudemeister, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Apr 21, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    Saving for later

2. Jan 30, 2015 at 7:43 PM
    TacoTime89

TacoTime89 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jake
    upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    03 Taco SR5 2.7L
    3" lift, 33" Nitto terra's, X20 smittybuilt winch, tube front and rear bumpers, (soon to come) supercharger, long tube header
    hey guys!!!

almost done converting my dash to blue as well! (will post pics soon)
    i am having the HVAC control panel printed out and will have some left over if they turn out good ill share the companies info and yall can order.
    im not trying to sell or advertise just wanna share some good info.

3. Sep 14, 2018 at 10:53 AM
    MalinoisDad

MalinoisDad Misanthropic dog person

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD PreRunner 5VZ
    5100s w/ 881s, JBA UCAs, J59s, other stuff and things
    May I ask where you got the clinometer with the pickup truck graphic?

4. Sep 18, 2018 at 4:31 PM
    wesb1023

wesb1023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Westley
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab
    I actually got that one on eBay. It was new in the package, a very old package at that. I'm not even sure what brand name it was, I no longer have it. I purchased another one from a right hand drive truck from New Zealand, I think it was a hilux. Anyway it took some configuring and cutting and sanding, but I’ve got it mounted on my dashboard. I love it, but the only thing that sucks about it is that the altimeter in it is in meters, not feet. I’ve been meaning to get a picture of it on here, but I’ve been busy. I’ll eventually get one up here. Ha

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Apr 8, 2019 at 9:41 AM
    Rldanie

Rldanie Punisher78

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2002 Supercharged, 2” pulley, FIC, Methanol, Transgo Shift Kit
    Engine Performance upgrades: Supercharged (Magnuson) FIC/6 Champion Radiator Toyota Corolla thermostat 168° JBA Headers JBA cat back exhaust Upgraded fuel pump Volant Cold Air Intake With custom plexiglass cover TransGo Transmission A340F Valve Body upgrade B&M Transmission cooler Methanol Injection 2 inch pulley Future Plans Supra Injectors Light weight crankshaft pulley Leather seats Off-road upgrades 3” rough country lift 33x12.5” Dick Cepeks Other upgrades: JL Audio 12W6 Sub in custom box JL Audio C5 Mids and tweets all the way around Sound dampened whole cab Transmission temp sensor Gen Tex rear view mirror (temp and compass) Blue instrument panel, a/c control panel lights, shifter, ashtray, glove box. Blacked out badges Blackout bumpers and grill MariMoto Projectors with demon eyes LED Taillights Second generation leather steering wheel with audio controls Custom leather wrapped automatic transmission shifter 3rd gen 4 Runner key ring light (blue) 3rd gen 4 Runner hood scoop

I am looking to do this as well

Part # 55519-35330

I call my local dealership I they have no way of verifying that this has a white and not Amber ( shine through )

It’s $55.35 for the part at the dealership

Could you share how you found this part number and verified ?

Just Want to do my due diligence but the only thing that turns up when entering these part numbers is that Generic sketch

6. Apr 8, 2019 at 9:44 AM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    This was nearly 10 years ago and i never ended up doing it.

7. Apr 8, 2019 at 12:41 PM
    Rldanie

Rldanie Punisher78

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Engine Performance upgrades: Supercharged (Magnuson) FIC/6 Champion Radiator Toyota Corolla thermostat 168° JBA Headers JBA cat back exhaust Upgraded fuel pump Volant Cold Air Intake With custom plexiglass cover TransGo Transmission A340F Valve Body upgrade B&M Transmission cooler Methanol Injection 2 inch pulley Future Plans Supra Injectors Light weight crankshaft pulley Leather seats Off-road upgrades 3” rough country lift 33x12.5” Dick Cepeks Other upgrades: JL Audio 12W6 Sub in custom box JL Audio C5 Mids and tweets all the way around Sound dampened whole cab Transmission temp sensor Gen Tex rear view mirror (temp and compass) Blue instrument panel, a/c control panel lights, shifter, ashtray, glove box. Blacked out badges Blackout bumpers and grill MariMoto Projectors with demon eyes LED Taillights Second generation leather steering wheel with audio controls Custom leather wrapped automatic transmission shifter 3rd gen 4 Runner key ring light (blue) 3rd gen 4 Runner hood scoop

Any chance you have your girlfriends old Vin number?

I know it’s been 10 years but I thought you might have a vehicle registration laying around?

8. Apr 8, 2019 at 12:49 PM
    ThunderOne

ThunderOne Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    1ST GEN OR GTFO
    Toyota NERD
    Just look on eBay.

9. Apr 8, 2019 at 6:56 PM
    Rldanie

Rldanie Punisher78

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:

I wish it were that simple

Unfortunately there are no pictures of the back of one of these AC control bezels that are white.

I took a risk today and paid $42 for this one . It’s off of a 2002 Toyota forerunner and two dealerships have told me that the lights come through as green . I am hoping that the light bulbs are green and that it doesn’t have a green layer on the back.

https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-face-plate-5551935350

10. Apr 8, 2019 at 7:28 PM
    ThunderOne

ThunderOne Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitchell
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    1ST GEN OR GTFO
    Toyota NERD
    Yes. The light bulbs have little green condoms on them. :rofl:

Rldanie[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Apr 8, 2019 at 7:29 PM
    Rldanie

Rldanie Punisher78

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:

Nice!

Protection is always a good thing!

What a relief !

ThunderOne[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Apr 17, 2019 at 7:02 PM
    Rldanie

Rldanie Punisher78

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    55519-35350 not the white one

F***!

I even double checked by a 4 runner Vin number

That was a $47 mistake

101BAB47-3469-4698-9756-4A55D0D23FF4.jpg

13. Apr 17, 2019 at 8:30 PM
    wesb1023

wesb1023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Westley
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab
    Junk Yard, Pick and Pull. That's about the only way that I know for sure to get the right one. Plus your knobs need to be white as well, so you can get that while you're at it. That's what I did. I even went to the extent of disassembling the master window switch, and changing out that led to a green one. I'm also running the black face cluster.

Rldanie likes this.
  14. Apr 17, 2019 at 8:39 PM
    Rldanie

Rldanie Punisher78

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Nice !
    Could I get some pics?

15. May 16, 2019 at 7:26 PM
    Rldanie

Rldanie Punisher78

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Colorado
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top