Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Air Conditioning?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Air Conditioning?

On my 2001 D/C the ac is starting to not have as much pressure as it had before. The air is cold but i find myself turning it up higher to actually get it to me, whats the worse case replacing the compressor?
Old 09-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
On my 2001 D/C the ac is starting to not have as much pressure as it had before. The air is cold but i find myself turning it up higher to actually get it to me, whats the worse case replacing the compressor?
pretty much...compressors are the most common things to go. Is it making anykind of noise? when my compressor went it sounded like a wild banshee....i ended up just taking the belt off and living with out ac
Old 09-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
ao6902 is on a distinguished road
Name: Arya
ao6902's Tacoma Gallery
How hot is it outside? On hot days, ur its not going to be as cold inside. You say pressure is lower? What are the guage readings on the high and low side?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like lack of airflow problem.

If your supply air is still relatively cold as it always has been but you were getting better airflow towards you out the vents, but now your not...then it's an airflow problem.

Check your blower motor? It might be going out?

It could be time for an AC service though. I noticed you live in Florida, I'd have the system pulled into vac, then re charged.

Your compressor will start making funny noises when it's going out..on automotive compressors at least. Usually 95% of the time how it works.

Got any leaks you know of?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
bicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura aboutbicklebok has a spectacular aura about
Name: Ronnie
bicklebok's Tacoma Gallery
If it's blowing cold it's not the compressor. Buy a little thermometor and place it in the vent so you can see what temp it blows. I leave one in my vent all the time.

As mentioned, the fan motor would be the culprit of not blowing enough air from the vent.