Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

##### Tacoma overheating ####

Old 09-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
youngstah is on a distinguished road
youngstah's Tacoma Gallery
##### Tacoma overheating ####

I been trying to figure whats wrong and Im completely stuck. I have a 97 tacoma v6. It has a new radiator, new water pump, new thermostat, new fan clutch and a new timing belt. A new temp sensor too. I also did a leak down test on ech cylinder so its not the head gasket because it passed.

I turn on the truck and it heats up to its pint. After 15 mins, it starts going up more than the normal temp. Its holding the whole pressure and there is no boiling in the radiator neither. If I turn on the heater, the temp gauge stays in the middle but as soon as i put it on D and take off, it starts going up.

I also did a flush and also took off the thermostat and it did not overheat but the revs were pretty hicg. As soon as i put it on, the heat starts going up. I changed the thermostat 3 times already and one of them was a oem and still, same problem. What i notced is that theres is poor circulation but what can it be?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
maybe buildup of junk in the passages in the block? that is strange.

did you mix different coolants when changing things out?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Is the temp needle going all the way to the H when you say overheating? Or is it just going above the halfway mark? Also what area of the country do you live in? What kind of climate? Sounds like you should have no probs with overheating with all you've done so far. Have you checked your fan clutch? It may be worn and not catching and cooling as it should when under load. Try turning the fan with the engine off, if it has some resistance it should be fine, but if it turns really easy, you may wanna change it.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any weak collapsing hoses? Or did you change them, too?
Old 09-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Do you have any weak collapsing hoses? Or did you change them, too?
that's what she said
Old 09-24-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
that's what she said
I didn't see that coming. Cheeky monkey.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
00yotasr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: lee
00yotasr5's Tacoma Gallery
possible defective parts? only thing i can think of is ur water pump if its having poor circulation. or you got junk clog up somewhere
Old 09-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Got the stat in the right direction?
Old 09-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #10
youngstah is on a distinguished road
youngstah's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all your reply's. I think so too that is going to be a bad water pump.