Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME lift installed. Rear is 2.5" higher than front.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift installed. Rear is 2.5" higher than front.

A friend of mines tacoma is getting bought back by toyota and I ended up buying his OME lift that was installed on his truck. We have nearly identical trucks, mine is a 00 trd and his is a 99 trd, both 4x4. We ended up just pulling the rear diff out of his truck and swapping diffs, leafs and all. The leafs are toyota factory leafs with 30k miles on them and an aal. Now when it was on his truck he was sitting pretty level although he did have 33s. Now I ended up with a big rake on my truck. I do use my truck for work and haul a 3000 pound trailer every week so i do want the rear higher than the front, but not 2.5 inches higher. It looks pretty goofy to me. I would ideally like the back to be 1-1.5" higher than the front. What can I do to achieve this? I measured from the ground to the fender and the front is at 36.25" and the rear is at 38.75" roughly.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 AM   #2
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
take out the aal and see how it looks now
Old 09-26-2011, 04:23 AM   #4
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
My rear was pretty high at first wtih an AAL but settled quite a bit. Specially with towing a trailer, expect at least an inch settle.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
My rear was pretty high at first wtih an AAL but settled quite a bit. Specially with towing a trailer, expect at least an inch settle.
Even though the leafs were used for about 30k miles on another truck?
Old 09-26-2011, 06:05 AM   #6
wolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud ofwolfgang123 has much to be proud of

Name: Skyler
wolfgang123's Tacoma Gallery
yes
Old 09-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #8

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
details on the lift. Im assuming you both had lockers?
yes. both trd 4x4. Its the OME nitrochargers with 881s in front and nitrochargers in the rear with stock leafs and an aal
Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
Team Impulse Red
CHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCHPTR11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dan
CHPTR11's Tacoma Gallery
That front fender height seems really low to me. I'm running the same set up on the front and my fenders are @ 37.75". I do have 267/75's, but that only accounts for an additional 0.5", so you're still sitting a full inch lower in the front.

Hmmm, I guess I would just pull the AAL man.