TC UCA vs. CAMBURG UCA

Old 09-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
They call me unko
makikid808 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kamaki
makikid808's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to makikid808
TC UCA vs. CAMBURG UCA

ok guys... You all know the drill. I'm trynna look for more travel. I got a 98 sr5 4x4 and of course Tacoma. If it wasn't then why the heck would I be on Tacoma world. Ok but for real I jus need help making a decision. And what to get with them as well. I'm pretty set on the 5' tuff country so that's jus an idea of what going on it. I was jus going to put the UCA on first. Any idea would work
Old 09-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by makikid808 View Post
ok guys... You all know the drill. I'm trynna look for more travel. I got a 98 sr5 4x4 and of course Tacoma. If it wasn't then why the heck would I be on Tacoma world. Ok but for real I jus need help making a decision. And what to get with them as well. I'm pretty set on the 5' tuff country so that's jus an idea of what going on it. I was jus going to put the UCA on first. Any idea would would
do you plan on wheelin the truck?
Old 09-26-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you go TC word of advice. SPEND THE EXTRA 20$ and get the ball joints in stainless steel. TC has the professionalism to NOT tell you that the TC's come with non-stainless ball joints so in a season or two if you're in a wintery/salt climate they will pit out with rust.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
They call me unko

Yes I for sure do some wheeling. I haven't had a chance to take some pic but now that Im new to this whole forum thing I have a motive to actually take pics. And I don't live in a winter snowy area but I do live in Hawaii so I do live in a salty air area. i wanted to start a new thread on this because on the other ones it seems old. Ive heard that recently they both have changed up what they both use.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
Well if you go TC word of advice. SPEND THE EXTRA 20$ and get the ball joints in stainless steel. TC has the professionalism to NOT tell you that the TC's come with non-stainless ball joints so in a season or two if you're in a wintery/salt climate they will pit out with rust.
No need for it in non-road salted climes...it also helps if you lube them on a regular basis.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
for a company based in california there is no need due to no rust. TC is the most professional company I have ever encountered, give them a call and you will see why.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #10
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
If you got the money go wih TC... Their both great UCAs but he camburgs will save you a little $$$
Old 09-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #11
They call me unko

hey anthony. i would so love to LT my truck. i just cant right now finacially right now with the full on fiberglass set up. That would be sick to do. is that your toy in the video....thats a sick truck. I was looking for something thats close to in though but without having to get the fiberglass fenders. is there something else thats like a stage down from that.

hey blackdawg...i was looking for something that i could get a lift similar like that. i wanna lift it without using spacers cause from what i heard spacers is only asking for more trouble and more waste of money. might as well do it right the first time you know what i mean.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #12
They call me unko

BTW anthony...i am fully digging your front bumper...any ideas that i could possibly borrow from you something that would fit the regular fenders without the fiberglass ones
Old 09-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #13
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey anthony. i would so love to LT my truck. i just cant right now finacially right now with the full on fiberglass set up. That would be sick to do. is that your toy in the video....thats a sick truck. I was looking for something thats close to in though but without having to get the fiberglass fenders. is there something else thats like a stage down from that.

hey blackdawg...i was looking for something that i could get a lift similar like that. i wanna lift it without using spacers cause from what i heard spacers is only asking for more trouble and more waste of money. might as well do it right the first time you know what i mean.
Thats exactly what i said Extended Coilovers and Upper arms, Mid travel kit. One down from Long travel. No thats not my truck, but thats a Member on here with the mid travel.

Thats the suspension that you should get. That truck in the video is not mine. The pic below, green tacoma is mine. Look in my build thread link for pics.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:50 AM   #16
They call me unko

anthony this looks like a sweet deal. is this the same set up that you have. i was wondering to that since i am not much of a fan for online buying things... do you think that this is something that i could trust to buy from. and is this stuff new or used.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:13 AM   #17
They call me unko

whats the most lift that could go on with this set up as well. my truck is a 4x4 so idk about that whole flying through the sand set up. i was kinda going for that agressive rock crawling kinda thing
Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #18
s13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud ofs13bdafocker has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
s13bdafocker's Tacoma Gallery
After doing allot of reading I'm going with the TC UCA nothing against the camberg UCA but from what I have read the TC UCA is just a little better. As for coils I'm going with kings I wanted racerunners but everone that I have talked to that has had them didn't like them.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #19
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
whats the most lift that could go on with this set up as well. my truck is a 4x4 so idk about that whole flying through the sand set up. i was kinda going for that agressive rock crawling kinda thing

do what anthony said.

total chaos or camburg upper control arms (basically the same, i like camburg though)
extended length coil overs (fox, king, icon)

for the rear i would get..

a 1.5 inch leaf pack
u-bolt flip kit
timbren bump stops
fox 2.0 shocks

then you will be set! and you can fly through the sand with 4wd.. trust me lol. i have 4wd

please dont get the rough country lift. you will regret it. if you want more travel and have the cash go with whats said above

might be a good idea... whats your budget?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #20
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The most lift up front would be around 2.5" inches, becuase you have 4x4.

The setup i currently have is Racerunner coilovers up front and thats it. Saving for long travel.
As for the rear lift, You can go many ways, i currently have my Add A leaf 1.5 for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13bdafocker View Post
After doing allot of reading I'm going with the TC UCA nothing against the camberg UCA but from what I have read the TC UCA is just a little better. As for coils I'm going with kings I wanted racerunners but everone that I have talked to that has had them didn't like them.
Thats cool. Yes sway away rusts a little but they are still good shocks. They are all good shocks, its almost as if you dont pick a brand but a color. haha. Yes you can safley purchase this from them, i would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
do what anthony said.

total chaos or camburg upper control arms (basically the same, i like camburg though)
extended length coil overs (fox, king, icon)

for the rear i would get..

a 1.5 inch leaf pack
u-bolt flip kit
timbren bump stops
fox 2.0 shocks

then you will be set! and you can fly through the sand with 4wd.. trust me lol. i have 4wd

please dont get the rough country lift. you will regret it. if you want more travel and have the cash go with whats said above

might be a good idea... whats your budget?

Do what i said and Eric said. And yes you will be amazed what you truck can do, i amazed at what my truck can do and i only have coilovers , rear shocks and add a leaf.