Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weird noise at start up.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Weird noise at start up.

I just recently starting hearing a very odd noise every time I start up my Runner. It lasts about 1 second and happens immediately after the truck turns over. It almost sounds like a squeaky belt or something but I know it can't be because I just had all the belts replaced in July...

It's coming from the passenger side. Any guesses?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
It probably is just a squeaky belt. Even with brand new belts if they are a little bit wet from the night dew they may squeak a little.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Possibly, being as how I just got to Oregon...it's wet here.

It only does it sometimes I should have added. Particularly after it's been sitting for a while.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
The starter is over there. Maybe its not disengaging cleanly.
Is this bad? Or something easy to clean/maintain?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #6

Speaking of that, I've tried to release the key very quickly after it turns over, and if I release the key quick enough it won't make the noise.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #7
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
sound clip!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:35 AM   #8

I just went out to make a video and of course it didn't make the noise...
Old 10-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #9

Ok, so I finally figured it out. There were some pine tree needles stuck in a pulley. I got them out.