Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Taco Lean or other?

Old 09-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
FishinTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: D'Arcy
FishinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Lean or other?

I've gone through and read a bunch of threads on the lean, but even with the searching didn't satisfy my question.

I just got a frame replacement, put 5100's all the way around and a skyjacker soft ride AAL and ome 880's (with billy's at the middle).

I didn't notice the lean much before, or even right after the frame swap. But now, a couple weeks after frame swap, my rear end leans 3/4" to drivers and my front leans 1" to the drivers side.

Ground to bottom of fender through center of wheel:

38" drivers rear
38 3/4" Passenger rear
37 1/4" Driver front
38 1/4" Passenger front

Think is normal and just deal with it? Or as I've read with some frame swaps, is it an issue with the frame replacement having the rear shock mounts welded improperly from dana? When the taco's lean, do they lean both front and rear? Sorry for all the questions, any help is appreciated.

It was on level ground, was a full tank of gas, tire pressure the same, nothing in the truck, I checked to make sure the side specific 5100's were on the proper side in the rear..etc...

Cheers, BTW Toyota in Sudbury did a sweet job on the frame swap...she's tight like a tiger.

D.C
Old 09-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
My truck leans 1" exactly on the driver side... I am furiated with it, however I'm in a different league than you, SAS ftw. But I shouldn't be leaning. No one should.. but almost everyone does
Old 09-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
I'm leaning 3/4" front and back even WITH a toytec 1/4" spacer up front and driver/passenger specific leafs from OME (dakar). I've learned to deal.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
My taco lean really doesn't bother me. Its just a part of its character
Old 09-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
i think the gas tank, battery and driver always being on one side will do this..just my guess
Old 09-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
I put a top plate spacer on my driver's side which fixed my taco lean. But with a full tank of gas and me in the cab, it still leans a bit
Old 09-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayNnite4 View Post
i think the gas tank, battery and driver always being on one side will do this..just my guess
sure is
Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
FishinTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: D'Arcy
FishinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'm not all that worried,just making sure the numbers are what other people have seen, I'll deal with the character for now. Thanks for the responses. I was suprised as the suspension is all brand new and is leaning. She might really lean after a while. Maybe a spacer then. When i had my 98, people talked about the lean, I never had it and wondered about it. Until then I'll load stuff on the passenger side...lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #9
Rover is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Rover
Rover's Tacoma Gallery
I have a similar situation as you. Measured the same way before and after my 2in lift and I am 5/8in lower on my driver side. Truck was empty in cab and bed, fuel at 1/4 tank, and tires were all even. Don't know what the problem is but it would be nice to know what is going on. (05 Taco, 4x4, offroad pkg, TRD)