Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2 wheeler question?

Old 11-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #1
Roy Matson is on a distinguished road

Name: Daryl
Roy Matson's Tacoma Gallery
2 wheeler question?

Im jus wonderin how all you 2 wheel drive taco owners do out in the mud? Do they do ok or u usually get stuck? Cuz i always end up stuck until 4 wheel saves me!!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
backwoodking is on a distinguished road
backwoodking's Tacoma Gallery
I do ok in the mud, but when we're out in the sand I get stuck on every other run I take.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Hell i burried mine all the time with 4x4...... but i think it is my fault...haha
Old 11-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #5
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Sand is actually not that bad at all in 2 wheel drive unless your trying to climb huge hills or tow something. The trick is to air down, I've driven MANY 4x2 vehicles in the dunes. In fact, when i'm in the dunes i'm usually running in 4x2 in my taco, until i really need it..
Old 11-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
cclax2145 is on a distinguished road

cclax2145's Tacoma Gallery
I got bfg Mud terrains on my prerunner and i do pretty good in mud. I just gotta make sure i got decently fast before and use a little momentum to get through it. As far as sand everytime ive been ive done good, only time i got stuck was on a steep climb up a narrow path but that was when i had bald allterrains. So yea 4x2 is alot harder that 4x4 as far as the ease of muding and so on, but for me it sure is alot of fun!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:43 PM   #7
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I think it has more to do with the ability of the driver rather than the vehicle, although it helps a lot to have a rear locker too.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
2004Taco will become famous soon enough

2004Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2004Taco Send a message via Yahoo to 2004Taco
went to glamis in my prerunner. Aired down the tires and did my thing. Never been in the mud. Not many places you can go mud boggin in So Cal.