Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

truck not level after lift installed

Old 09-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Joel93 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joel
Joel93's Tacoma Gallery
Question truck not level after lift installed

hey guys, i just got my tuff country 3in suspension lift installed and I figured my truck would be leveled out after the instalation, but it's not. any ideas on what i could do?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Some more details and pics would help...
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Joel93's Tacoma Gallery
I'll taked pictures tomorrow and post them
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Joel93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
slight rake in the front?? dat b good

??????
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel93 View Post
??????
Is the back end higher than the front
Old 09-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #7
Joel93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Is the back end higher than the front
yeah, the back is about an inch higher. was your truck level after you installed your lift?
Old 09-29-2011, 08:33 PM   #8

45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, the back is about an inch higher. was your truck level after you installed your lift?
An inch higher is typical. Do you have an AAL (Add-a-leaf)? If so, and if you really want it exactly level, you could probably cut a little off the ends of the AAL. Or just throw some weight in the back.

Some say settling will occur but I never noticed any settling after a year with my lift.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
The truck is raked from factory. If you lift it the same amount front and rear, it's going to remain raked.

Frankly, you should do so. Otherwise the ass will sag when it's loaded.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
Joel93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
An inch higher is typical. Do you have an AAL (Add-a-leaf)? If so, and if you really want it exactly level, you could probably cut a little off the ends of the AAL. Or just throw some weight in the back.

Some say settling will occur but I never noticed any settling after a year with my lift.
They are my stock leafs. How did you get your truck leveled?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #12
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
tough country=spacers and blocks...

Old 09-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #13
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
tough country=spacers and blocks...

sounds real. . . tough. . .
Old 09-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
Joel93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
so im assuming its blocks in the rear??

yeah...
Old 09-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #15
Joel93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post
sounds real. . . tough. . .
It's just a name..
Old 09-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #16
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
If you dont like the rake it has you could just get a bigger spacer for the front
Old 09-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #17
Joel93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
If you dont like the rake it has you could just get a bigger spacer for the front

yeah, im having trouble finding a 4'' spacer though
Old 09-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #18
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
come on guys. dont bag on him for lifting his truck.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #19
Firefighter:
Quote:
yeah, im having trouble finding a 4'' spacer though
You could go 5. that would be 2 inchs higher in the front tho.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #20
Joel93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
You could go 5. that would be 2 inchs higher in the front tho.
Where would I be able to buy one from?