Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need opinions for dual exhaust

Old 10-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
lsimpson is on a distinguished road
Name: Lane
lsimpson's Tacoma Gallery
Need opinions for dual exhaust

i own a 2002 double cab. i am wanting dual exhaust but dont know if i should go straight back or out the sides. and also what kind of tips?

thanks, lane
Old 10-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Most on here will probably say go with a single but I have duals out the side with angled tips
Old 10-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
my opinion is dont do it.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
IMO...duals are kind of ghey, especially if they aren't true duals...go single and dump it before the axle w/ a down turn.

But if you are fixed on getting duals have them go out at the sides behind the wheel wells, that looks better.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
This is my setup
Old 10-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #7
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea id just go single. Most duals i have seen on 1st gens aren't that cool. You have to use like 2'' or smaller pipe too otherwise you'll lose your back preassure, which the 3.4l hates, and lose preformace/mpg.
Really? It might make the engine burn a little lean but the ECU should detect and compensate for the change, no (you can reset the old data by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds)?

Just adding a deck plate to the intake make a bigger difference on the engine's mixture than any exhaust mod so Im sure backpressure should be of no concern. Besides, unless he's getting headers, the biggest change any exhaust will make is noise.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #8
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Really? It might make the engine burn a little lean but the ECU should detect and compensate for the change, no (you can reset the old data by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds)?

Just adding a deck plate to the intake make a bigger difference on the engine's mixture than any exhaust mod so Im sure backpressure should be of no concern. Besides, unless he's getting headers, the biggest change any exhaust will make is noise.
Well it doesn't like make it run like total shit lol

But check all the old exhaust threads and you will see what i mean. the 3.4l is just sensitive to back pressure. Thats why people only recommend new mufflers and not new cat back systems. Or to keep your Cats.

I have the magnaflow 14'' with 2.5'' pipe all the way out of it. And when i have driven my truck hard, like really hard, it has stalled out a couple times coming down from high rpms.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:46 AM   #9
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Did you reset your ECU after you installed your exhaust? I forgot to after my deck plate and it wasnt really an issue but I got about .5mpg increase after I did.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
my opinion: duals are retarded on anything other than a sports car or muscle car.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
my opinion: duals are retarded on anything other than a sports car or muscle car.
I agree without being too harsh. They just aren't needed on a V6 and tend to sound like poop.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
I agree without being too harsh. They just aren't needed on a V6 and tend to sound like poop.
yeah sorry, didn't mean to sound like a douche, I just woke up

OP, it is your truck, do what you want.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #14
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
yeah sorry, didn't mean to sound like a douche, I just woke up

OP, it is your truck, do what you want.
Good morning
Old 10-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a V8, V6 and duals sounds like shit!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tml#post262989
Old 10-07-2011, 07:03 AM   #17
00PreRunner is on a distinguished road

00PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
x2 for the v8. Only motor worth putting exhaust on.