Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weird Problem

Old 11-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
Weird Problem

So I went to start my truck tonight and it started up and sputtered and was running really rough and the rpms were at about 500 and then it died so I started it back up and it cranked for maybe 1 or 2 seconds longer then it usally does so i bumped the gas pedal and its started right up. It has done this maybe 3 times since I have had it. The truck has 160k miles on it so im thinking maybe a sensor is going out is dirty?

Anyone else had this problem?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Are you getting a CEL?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Try playing with the Throttle Position Sensor. I had problems with mine that a good cleaning resolved, but I also got a CEL leading me in that direction. Maybe the fuel filter needs replaced.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
No I have no cel which im think is check engine light lol

I cleaned my MAF probably about 3 months ago I probably need to replace the fuel filter which ill probably try to do this week

Where would I find the sensors yall speak of like the idle and the throttle sensor?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #6

The throttle sensor is at the back of the throttle body, held in by 2 tiny philips head screws. I'm trying to find you a decent picture.