Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CAMPER SHELL HELP!!! (B4 I buy)

Old 10-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
CAMPER SHELL HELP!!! (B4 I buy)

I was wondering if this will fit my 95 xtra cab I really want to know b4 i buy lemme know really interested also was wondering what model this is btw its a vista

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pts/2629266375.html
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
no one?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
Iceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Iceman2448's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
no one?
If it measure out to be the same as ur bed yes it will work. But I do think it will. Taco's I think are 60x72 I think.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
trdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdracing5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdracing5's Tacoma Gallery
Not really much information to go on other than it fit on a s10. Doesn't mean it was made for an S10.
I guess the only way to find out what it fits is to get the serial number off of it and contact the manufacturer.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
veg hed is on a distinguished road

Army: Red Leg
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a camper shell that came of an S-10 for my 2004 Tacoma and although it fit length and width wise the height of the shell was about 2-3 inches shorter than the cab of my truck and it did not look right. At first I was just going to go with it but after a couple of weeks it started to drive me crazy. Luckily I sold it to a guy with an S-10 for the same price I bought it for.

Also, the slope (angle) of the front of the camper shell needs to match the slope of the back of your cab or there will be a big gap there. This is why a camper shell off a regular cab does not exactly fit on a extended cab and vise-versa. Trust me, I know because the camper shell on my extended cab Taco came off a regular cab. I just deal with the gap because the shell was so cheap.

I would just wait for something better to come up instead of settling for a shell off an S-10.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #6

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by veg hed View Post
I bought a camper shell that came of an S-10 for my 2004 Tacoma and although it fit length and width wise the height of the shell was about 2-3 inches shorter than the cab of my truck and it did not look right. At first I was just going to go with it but after a couple of weeks it started to drive me crazy. Luckily I sold it to a guy with an S-10 for the same price I bought it for.

Also, the slope (angle) of the front of the camper shell needs to match the slope of the back of your cab or there will be a big gap there. This is why a camper shell off a regular cab does not exactly fit on a extended cab and vise-versa. Trust me, I know because the camper shell on my extended cab Taco came off a regular cab. I just deal with the gap because the shell was so cheap.

I would just wait for something better to come up instead of settling for a shell off an S-10.
Cool I'm gonna pass thanks to that and thanks to the chocolate milk and metal that's coming out of my rear end
Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a cap off an S-10 for my previous truck ('97xtra) and it fit good (sealed well), and honestly I thought it looked fine but as veg hed stated it was shorter (height) than my cab and there was a rather big gap between the cab and cap which collected snow in the winter. I scooped it for $40 and it lasted me 6 months so it was a good deal.

It will work but I'm sure you can find something better.

here's a pic:
Old 10-05-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
veg hed is on a distinguished road

Army: Red Leg
veg hed's Tacoma Gallery
For $40 I probably would have made it work. But the other factor was that it was also the wrong color! That really drove me crazy...
Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #9
96toytaco is on a distinguished road
96toytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
I picked up a cap off an S-10 for my previous truck ('97xtra) and it fit good (sealed well), and honestly I thought it looked fine but as veg hed stated it was shorter (height) than my cab and there was a rather big gap between the cab and cap which collected snow in the winter. I scooped it for $40 and it lasted me 6 months so it was a good deal.

It will work but I'm sure you can find something better.

here's a pic:
I took the camper shell off my 96 taco so it should fit yours easy. I'm willing to sell it to you if your interested. It's heat insulated and gradualing raises to about 2-3 inches above the cabin. 6 foot bed right?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:43 AM   #10
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by veg hed View Post
For $40 I probably would have made it work. But the other factor was that it was also the wrong color! That really drove me crazy...
I got really lucky that it was virtually color-matched (lil off but no one could really tell), if it was white or something I'm sure it would have drove me nuts too
Old 10-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
Sign Guy will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
Sign Guy's Tacoma Gallery
I'd make sure anyone who is selling one has the truck you have. I called a bunch of igits who had a S10, Ranger, and all sorts of other trucks that said theirs would fit my 2002 and asked for measurements - none fit. I even went to a guy that had an early 90's taco and that didn't fit. I had a 2000 Ranger and kept my nice shell but it was just an inch or so to short and that makes a difference. I finally found a POS one and snagged it as I was moving and needed one "right now" It actually is quite nice but I'll need to sand it completely down and repaint it. Anyway, make sure the person has your model and year before even going to check it out, otherwise you are wasting your time. (my 2 cents)
Old 10-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #12

EMS:
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96toytaco View Post
I took the camper shell off my 96 taco so it should fit yours easy. I'm willing to sell it to you if your interested. It's heat insulated and gradualing raises to about 2-3 inches above the cabin. 6 foot bed right?
got a pic of it and of on your truck?
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #13
96toytaco is on a distinguished road
96toytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
got a pic of it and of on your truck?
no pics of it on my truck but only after i took it off
Attached Thumbnails
CAMPER SHELL HELP!!! (B4 I buy)-securedownload.jpg   CAMPER SHELL HELP!!! (B4 I buy)-securedownload-1-.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #14
Leehaefele is on a distinguished road
Name: Lee
Leehaefele's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea if an s-10 cap will git a 2012 regular cab 4x4?