Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Buckets seats in Double cab?

Old 10-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
Buckets seats in Double cab?

My step dad dropped an idea on me the other day about possibly putting bucket seats in the rear and out with the bench. Does anyone have an idea of what kind of seats would work?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Never heard of this, good idea i guess but i really never use the rear seat, i just fold them down.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds cool. Are you planning on a sub center console combo thing for arm rest or something like that?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Sounds cool. Are you planning on a sub center console combo thing for arm rest or something like that?
Yes exactly, Id like to build a sub box that would flow right between them. Im thinking since there isnt much headroom in the back, I could try and find a low back seat or something like that.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoaterBoater View Post
Yes exactly, Id like to build a sub box that would flow right between them. Im thinking since there isnt much headroom in the back, I could try and find a low back seat or something like that.
How would that work though? The storage units would cause a problem wouldn't they?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Anything can be done with time and money.

Posted via
Old 10-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My bad, just noticed this is in the 1st gen. section. I didn't think they made DC's for those years only Access cabs.

Not familiar enough with the inside of those models to truly know what I'm talking about.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #8

Just went out and took a good look at it and I think with some low profile low back seats it would work. Might go look at pull a part for ideas on seats and maybe pull two if they are in good enough condition. Buckets in the back would set my tacoma different from any other tacoma around here, so thats what im gonna shoot for.
Anyone ever heard of someone doing this?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
My bad, just noticed this is in the 1st gen. section. I didn't think they made DC's for those years only Access cabs.

Not familiar enough with the inside of those models to truly know what I'm talking about.
Actually, the other way around. 1Gs have DC's but no 'access' cabs, only extra cabs.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
i had this old 91 pick up with the bench seat up front. i took bucket seats out of a four runner and bolted them to the floor. it actually turned out pretty good.... got them from a junk yard for $50 bucks.

i think the later four runners have third row seating with buckets in the middle? would that work? there smaller then the seats up front... just an idea..

^ i just PCS'ed from andrews in feb.. dont miss it there.....
Old 10-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALawrence View Post
i had this old 91 pick up with the bench seat up front. i took bucket seats out of a four runner and bolted them to the floor. it actually turned out pretty good.... got them from a junk yard for $50 bucks.

i think the later four runners have third row seating with buckets in the middle? would that work? there smaller then the seats up front... just an idea..

^ i just PCS'ed from andrews in feb.. dont miss it there.....
Yeah that just might work. Im gonna try and check the inventory online for this local junkyard. Hopefully they will have a few there in good shape. Lord knows they have good prices haha
Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #12
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I would love buckets in my back seat... Unfortunately, I don't have the time or money to undertake a project like that. And I have other priorities for the truck
Old 10-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #13
haddix will become famous soon enoughhaddix will become famous soon enough

haddix's Tacoma Gallery
Be sure to post pics if you actually do this. I'd be interested in doing it to my dcab too.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #14
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery

and... Link
Old 10-13-2011, 08:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Liquid I View Post

and... Link
Dang that is sweet. Ill be sure to post pics if I do get around to doing it
Old 10-13-2011, 02:48 PM   #16
tacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of light

tacoman78's Tacoma Gallery
Back when I was looking for my truck I was on craigslist and I saw a silver 02 tacoma that was for sale. The guy had put a super charger on it, roll bar, removed the rear bench and replaced it with generic racing seats. I'm sure there was some fabrication that went into the sliders and mounts but it looked really good. He replaced all the seats actually if I remember correctly. 4 racing seats with harness'. It looked good, but at the time I was looking for something that I didn't have to run premium in. But it was still a good looking truck. So it can be done with a higher backed seat. I must say I've contemplated doing the all around seat swap to a different set up. Just have other priorities at the moment.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:05 AM   #17
el dudarino is on a distinguished road

el dudarino's Tacoma Gallery
What about getting another set of buckets from the front of another truck? I haven't gone outside to look to see if it's even possible...just thought that they would match.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #19
tacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman78 is a glorious beacon of light

tacoman78's Tacoma Gallery
I do believe this is definitely more for the "look" than the functionality. The back seats are pretty functional as a bench but I agree with buckets the back becomes pretty useless. Might as well just take everything out and put some super monstrosity of a sound system in and call it a day.