Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

what model arb bull bar and where do i get it.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #1
"I Brake for Tailgaters"
prerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
prerunnerSD's Tacoma Gallery
what model arb bull bar and where do i get it.

I have an 01 limited 4x4 v6 tacoma and want to get an arb bull bar.. I know arb makes different models and there more than one place to get them.. What model and where do you recogmend I get it.. I want to make sure I do this right!
Old 10-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
sprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedsprocketdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sprocketdog's Tacoma Gallery
^ X2 check all other options before settling for an ARB had 2 of them already and so far my new elite puts them to shame.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #4
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Do you want a bumper? Or just the Bullbar?
Old 10-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
If you are decided on an ARB I would suggest getting it from Cruiser Outfitters. Kurt is awesome and has really good prices on ARB products.

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/
Old 10-14-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
Lube: It's the key to penetration.
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Charlotte VRS: EMT/Driver
Name: Harry
STLharry's Tacoma Gallery
There's only 1 model bumper from ARB for our trucks. I got mine from 4by4connection.com and I was very happy with their service and I am very happy with my ARB.

But I also agree with everybody else..look at Elite and stuff. I really like the Elite bumpers. I have ARB because 2.5 years ago when I bought it, Elite and Relentless weren't on TW yet (I think).
Old 10-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
"I Brake for Tailgaters"
prerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunnerSD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

prerunnerSD's Tacoma Gallery
I am currently geographically located in the paradise called Mass-ol-chusetts and with the way people drive around here I want to protect my new truck from another collision like the one that made me loose my beloved 4banger tacoma (see pix) I hit a person dead-on who had spun out on the highway and then carried on crashing into a concrete barrier, unavoidable and not my fault according to insurance agency. (poor truck)

as far as models i saw this one:
http://www.partstrain.com/store/deta...3423020101buba

and i saw this one:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-T...A&Model=TACOMA

Seems like one has a winch mount and other doesn't..i dont believe i want the mount because of the added weight but maybe that doesnt make that big a difference?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
There's only 1 model bumper from ARB for our trucks. I got mine from 4by4connection.com and I was very happy with their service and I am very happy with my ARB.

But I also agree with everybody else..look at Elite and stuff. I really like the Elite bumpers. I have ARB because 2.5 years ago when I bought it, Elite and Relentless weren't on TW yet (I think).
correct! I think they are barely a year old actually..hard to believe..lol
Old 10-14-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
STLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTLharry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
correct! I think they are barely a year old actually..hard to believe..lol
It's gotta be all the group buys...His stuff's really out in the TW crowd now. I remember when he built the first one and showed it off.

I definitely would have seriously considered his bumpers if they were around when I bought my ARB.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #10
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLharry View Post
It's gotta be all the group buys...His stuff's really out in the TW crowd now. I remember when he built the first one and showed it off.

I definitely would have seriously considered his bumpers if they were around when I bought my ARB.
yea a lot of people i think woulda lol They are cheaper tho..

and yea he has had 2 GBs now. I think he has sold a total of like 40-60 bumpers??
Old 10-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #11
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think the Elite bumpers are great. But the ARB has its place beyond just a good plate bumper. You must remember that the ARB bumper is designed in Australia for vehicles headed into the outback where animal strikes are common. The one thing that the ARB has going for it beyond exceptional engineering, construction and safety is that it has a full width bull bar. So if you live in an area, or are offroading frequently in areas where animal strikes are a risk, then I would take an ARB over an Elite any day of the week.

If animal strikes aren't a concern, the get whichever style you like best. I really like the lines of the Elite bumpers, and I also like the CBI plate bumpers. But if there is any upper bar work on either of those it is just a center hoop, leaving the headlights and corners unprotected.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #12
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC ARB bumpers are now made in china....and overpriced.

Support a vendor here on TW that makes their stuff in the USA, like Elite.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #13
ttran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant futurettran has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
ttran's Tacoma Gallery
Elite has a full bar option also that extends around the front head lights and corners similar to the arb setup
Old 10-15-2011, 12:02 AM   #16
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I think the Elite bumpers are great. But the ARB has its place beyond just a good plate bumper. You must remember that the ARB bumper is designed in Australia for vehicles headed into the outback where animal strikes are common. The one thing that the ARB has going for it beyond exceptional engineering, construction and safety is that it has a full width bull bar. So if you live in an area, or are offroading frequently in areas where animal strikes are a risk, then I would take an ARB over an Elite any day of the week.

If animal strikes aren't a concern, the get whichever style you like best. I really like the lines of the Elite bumpers, and I also like the CBI plate bumpers. But if there is any upper bar work on either of those it is just a center hoop, leaving the headlights and corners unprotected.
Lol...you can get full guard on Elite bumpers. You can have anything done to it you want, just ask Tim.

And honestly, i am not afraid to hit any sill animal that gets in my way..hell im not even scared of hitting another car.

Page through this
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/eli...ollisions.html

These things are made stout dude. ARB are just outa style. And i think look bad on 01-04s. Early tacomas can still pull it off but its still too blocky.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #17
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Lol...you can get full guard on Elite bumpers. You can have anything done to it you want, just ask Tim.

And honestly, i am not afraid to hit any sill animal that gets in my way..hell im not even scared of hitting another car.

Page through this
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/eli...ollisions.html

These things are made stout dude. ARB are just outa style. And i think look bad on 01-04s. Early tacomas can still pull it off but its still too blocky.

I never said an Elite bumper wouldn't hold up to an animal strike. I'm sure it's plenty strong. Just that most Elite bumpers I have seen only have the center hoop leaving the headlights and corners unprotected. If you can add a full bar to them, then awesome. Holy sh*t! I know that TW is a bunch of Elite fanboys but relax. There are other options out there.

And whoever said ARB's are made in China needs to check their facts.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #18
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I stand corrected, I was thinking about Warn bull bars/bumpers.

My bad
Old 10-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I never said an Elite bumper wouldn't hold up to an animal strike. I'm sure it's plenty strong. Just that most Elite bumpers I have seen only have the center hoop leaving the headlights and corners unprotected. If you can add a full bar to them, then awesome. Holy sh*t! I know that TW is a bunch of Elite fanboys but relax. There are other options out there.

And whoever said ARB's are made in China needs to check their facts.

Meh, im not too worried. Thats just a style thing i think. If you read through that link you can see a guy that plowed into a car with just a standard bumper(no hoops at all) and yea the trim on part of his head light is damaged but thats it. Then there is also a guy that drove off the road dodging a car are hit several fence posts with just the light hoop and it deflected one just fine.

The hoop stuff is just a design and personal opinion thing. It defiantly works, i just don't dig the full wrap personally.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
I stand corrected, I was thinking about Warn bull bars/bumpers.

My bad
Hah that's better. ARB will always be made in Australia. The Aussies down here are super proud of everything made in Australia so I don't think they will outsource that stuff.