Notices

Bilstein HD struts...no hardware??

Old 10-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
He said "member"...
crainholio will become famous soon enough
Army: Tanker
crainholio's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein HD struts...no hardware??

I ordered a pair of Bilstein HD front struts intending to build a new front package and replace the 138K mile factory stuff. Moog springs, Toyota upper plates and insulators.

Upon arrival I find these Bilsteins don't come with the upper bushings or the big nut for the strut piston. No luck finding aftermarket replacements at the chain stores, either. My factory pieces are rusted, rubber is dry-rotted, not worth re-using.

I'm getting an RMA number for them rather than fool around w/ the dealer parts desk...even wholesale it's nearly $40 for the four rubber bushings, 4 steel washers, and 2 nuts.

Do 5100 struts come with these pieces?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
when I ordered my front struts same deal and I complained as I though it was standard policy to add the insulators to new shocks, after bitching to where I bought them at they added that they were not included in there advertizement, but could be bought for $20.00.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #4
NCJeyota is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Mike
NCJeyota's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you order these top strut bushings for $20. I am replacing the front struts on my 02, and the top rubber bushings were dry rotted, and the Toyota dealership wants $42.36 for the 4 rubber bushings. I am looking for some aftermarket ones at this point.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Down South is where I bought my shocks, they should have them.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
toastyjosh is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: helitack
toastyjosh's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/9504tacoadjbils.htm
Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
NCJeyota is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Mike
NCJeyota's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, That's what I've been looking for.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #8
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
yer mistake

I don't feel sorry for you.

The only stupid question is...
the one you didn't ask.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
Xyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shedXyile is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Xyile's Tacoma Gallery
rockauto.com has them as well. I ordered mine from them when I did my front suspension.