LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bilstein 5100 / Eibach assembly question.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Question Bilstein 5100 / Eibach assembly question.

Hey guys i have all the parts that i need to assemble my Front bilstein and eibach suspension. ( I know it's a probably a new guy question) The guys at Toytec were no help at all neither was Bilstein operator.

And unfortunately i don't have the truck with me so i can see how the OEM set up is to compare.

So before i take it over to sears to get them compressed i wanted to see what order the bushings and washers go. Just in case the guys at sears don't know.

I have:

Top plate (1)
large bushing (1)
small bushing (1)
big washer (1)
small washer (1)
Strut
coil

My question is in what order do the bushings lay between everything....?

ex. working our way from the top is it?

1. nut
2. small washer
3. small bushing
4. top plate
5. big bushing etc...

here are some pictures of the parts.

ex.

-OR-

Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Yes i have the bilstein from DSM and and Eibach coil from toytec.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:02 PM   #3

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post

what DID DSM say?
One guy had no clue and he kept putting me on hold to get answers from "Ben" I just asked to speak with Ben after a while and he never answered his line.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
One guy had no clue and he kept putting me on hold to get answers from "Ben" I just asked to speak with Ben after a while and he never answered his line.

Weird. Not sure who you called...but that wasn't us, man. No one here by the name of Ben. Any of us '3' Marco, Sonny or Neil could easily answer your question. I would appreciate you not throwing us under the bus on a public forum when you never even called us....

That said, if you can PM us with your email address I'll be happy to send you a copy of the attached .pdf file of how they go. Or just call me directly, and I'll walk you through it...

-Marco @ DSM

For who ever is keeping track...yet again, we have to stop what we're doing(thanks to the member who brought this thread to our attention), to defend ourselves. This is getting old.

Edit: .pdf file is a 2nd Gen...I added the 1st Gen picture now.
Attached Thumbnails
Bilstein 5100 / Eibach assembly question.-tacoma-top-plate.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tacoma Shock-Spring Diagram.pdf (101.5 KB, 186 views)
Old 10-18-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to say....IDT theres a dude named ben workin at DSM
But you guys still do it, meaning DSM cares about their customers!

Check that diagram out OP
Old 10-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #6

EMS:
@ DSM: Sorry for the mix up... I meant to say toytec couldn't help me. Know i remember that when ordering the Bushings i was talking to some one over there.

Truly Sorry Guys

I edited the OP
Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #7

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I was going to say....IDT theres a dude named ben workin at DSM
But you guys still do it, meaning DSM cares about their customers!

Check that diagram out OP
Yes I Agree they were prompt when i needed the shocks and took care of me.

I feel like a total Jack Ass.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #8
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
@ DSM: Sorry for the mix up... I meant to say toytec couldn't help me. Know i remember that when ordering the Bushings i was talking to some one over there.

Truly Sorry Guys

I edited the OP
Thanks, Alpha Q Up! Much appreciated, and let me know if you need anymore help with this, or anything else...

Take care,

-Marco @ DSM
Old 10-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #9

EMS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
^^^
Quote:

once again u guys come through for TW..........
Thank you Marco!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #10

EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downsouth Motorsports View Post
Thanks, Alpha Q Up! Much appreciated, and let me know if you need anymore help with this, or anything else...

Take care,

-Marco @ DSM
Thank You!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #11

EMS:
Okay back on track....

So looking at the diagram. I only see one bushing (the small one) where does the other go?
Old 10-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #12
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Okay back on track....

So looking at the diagram. I only see one bushing (the small one) where does the other go?
Yeah, that was my fault...the 1st file I attached was a .pdf diagram of a 2nd Gen Tacoma. But I added the picture of the 1st Gen shortly after, and it shows all 3 washers & both bushings...

So...Washer #48510B, Bushing #48510P & washer #48510C(you need to re-use the stock one here) all go under the top plate.

Then...Bushing #48510J & Washer #48510Q go on top of the plate.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #13

EMS:

Quote:
try calling THIS number

1-888-973-6967

If Ben answers..............smash ur phone
Old 10-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #14

EMS:
Quote:
Yeah, that was my fault...the 1st file I attached was a .pdf diagram of a 2nd Gen Tacoma. But I added the picture of the 1st Gen shortly after, and it shows all 3 washers & both bushings...

So...Washer #48510B, Bushing #48510P & washer #48510C(you need to re-use the stock one here) all go under the top plate.

Then...Bushing #48510J & Washer #48510Q go on top of the plate.
Awesome Perfect!

Thank You Marco.

I will need to order that OEM washer. now
Old 10-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #15
Downsouth Motorsport

Quote:
Awesome Perfect!

Thank You Marco.

I will need to order that OEM washer. now
Factory Toyota Part# is 90948-02160, sold as each. List Price is $4.74.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #16

EMS:
Got it. My dealer bumped up the price a couple of bucks... lol

Thanks again.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #17
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
Everybody at Down South Motorsports is awesome absolutely great service
Old 10-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #18
Downsouth Motorsport

Just took of picture of how the washers/bushings go on 1st Gen Tacoma...

From left to right = bottom to top

Old 10-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #19
Ivan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shedIvan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ivan
Ivan's Tacoma Gallery
this was fun to read hah
Old 10-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #20
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just took of picture of how the washers/bushings go on 1st Gen Tacoma...

From left to right = bottom to top

And this is why Ive recommended you guys to 20+ other members so far