Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need Help with shocks and struts for 6'' fabtech Lift

Old 10-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
"And there I was just minding my own business"
Nolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud ofNolawall has much to be proud of

Navy: USS Enterprise CVN-65, USS George H.W Bush CVN-77, NNSY, Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenace Center
Name: Nick
Nolawall's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help with shocks and struts for 6'' fabtech Lift

I have a 6'' Fabtech lift on my truck. The rear shocks are leaking oil and they ned to be changed. I want to cahnge the struts out as well. My first question is how do the shocksrun for the Tacomas do I need to find a rear shock o six inches of lift and struts as well. How do you know what is the right ones to buy. Any recommnedations would be great as well. Not trying to spend alot just need something good quality. I put my 4 wheeler in the bed so the rear shocks need to be good. Thanks for the help
Old 10-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawall View Post
I have a 6'' Fabtech lift on my truck. The rear shocks are leaking oil and they ned to be changed. I want to cahnge the struts out as well. My first question is how do the shocksrun for the Tacomas do I need to find a rear shock o six inches of lift and struts as well. How do you know what is the right ones to buy. Any recommnedations would be great as well. Not trying to spend alot just need something good quality. I put my 4 wheeler in the bed so the rear shocks need to be good. Thanks for the help
Our trucks don't have struts, only shocks.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
rear stock stroke is 6.5" so with a 6" lift, you should be safe with a 12" travel shock...

on the average, 12'' stroke shocks are 16" to 17" compressed and 27" to 29" extended...

if you went with bilstein 7100s in a short body, you could rock some 14" stroke shocks and get them in a higher valving since you load the truck bed down...

for the front, since you have that big spacer that mounts on the top of the shock/spring assembly, any front shock will do...

if you have the money, you could get into a 12" travel coilover and elminate the shock spacer altogether...

below is my buddy's truck with a 4" pro comp drop bracket, but it gives you an idea on getting a longer coilover to eliminate the spacer...

Old 10-22-2011, 11:50 PM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
a 12" travel stem top was almost spot on for my truck
Old 10-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
To mikesdoublecab, You showed a pic of your buddys truck with the 4in. pro comp lift and the kings coilovers. can you ask your buddy the part number of the kings coilovers? I have the 4in pro comp lift also. It has the spacer on top of the coilover and I was looking into doing away with the spacer. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
To mikesdoublecab, You showed a pic of your buddys truck with the 4in. pro comp lift and the kings coilovers. can you ask your buddy the part number of the kings coilovers? I have the 4in pro comp lift also. It has the spacer on top of the coilover and I was looking into doing away with the spacer. Thanks.
ya know, he doesn't know... he got them so long ago...

best bet, call King directly or Downsouth Motorsports and see what travel length coilovers will work in there...

it should be a 12" coilover...