Notices

Recent Accident...

Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 PM   #1
Spiral Out... Keep Going!
JBear is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
JBear's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Recent Accident...

So Im getting off the freeway, making a left hand turn, when some juvenile decides to run a red light. I see him coming, slam on my brakes, and try to avoid the collision. Not in time. He hits me at about 20-25mph... ish. I try to move forward to pull of the road, but realize I'm stuck. I wave the guy to back up, he does. I pull into the nearest driveway and he parks behind me and gets out of his car. I hop out, ask if he is ok, and check out his 2000 Accord... wow, it's totally F'd. Bent up hood, smashed front bumper, crumpled fender, and a broken headlight. I'm thinking "great, my baby is JACKED!!!" I walk around to the passenger side to check out the damage. I would post a pic, but the only thing you would see is the same thing I saw.....

NOTHING!!! =)

I do, however, have to go take advantage of my Firestone Lifetime Alignment warranty. Oh no. There is also a tiny little scuff on the edge of my rim, which looks like nothing more than running into a curb. Not even a flat. How friggin sweet is THAT?!?!?

Toyota - Sittin' Pretty!
Honda - OWNED!!!!!

Old 10-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 10-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
WingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant futureWingNut55 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Active Duty
Name: Derek
WingNut55's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your Taco came out in on top...
Old 10-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
http://youtu.be/-_OtbXmu9kg
Old 10-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
Wooooooooooooooo
Old 10-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Just a heads up, if he hit the sides of your truuck, and there's no damage, he probably hit the wheel, like you said. I'd check out the axles and suspension components to be sure they aren't bent
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #9
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I've been rear-ended twice in my taco w/ zero damage. First time by a Ford expidition doing about 20 (his plastic shit front end exploded) and a second time by a cheby silverado doing about 30 (his front end also exploded and his radiator was jacked).

I usually keep my ball in my receiver...it does good.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
I've been rear-ended twice in my taco w/ zero damage. First time by a Ford expidition doing about 20 (his plastic shit front end exploded) and a second time by a cheby silverado doing about 30 (his front end also exploded and his radiator was jacked).

I usually keep my ball in my receiver...it does good.
i had the same thing happen my receiver saved my truck and jacked up the front of a car
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 PM   #11
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000GTacoma View Post
i had the same thing happen my receiver saved my truck and jacked up the front of a car
haha, yup. I had a guy tell me that keeping the ball in the reciever is dangerous because it does more damage to someone who rear-ends me... I was like....well they shouldn't rear-end me
Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Get wide sliders, in case the next juvie misses your wheel...
Old 10-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Tacos are the shit, though I had an accord that got nicknamed the pimp tank. long funny story.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
same thing happened to me...corolla rams into my rear tire and got pwned. i got scratched rim. just make sure your leafs and axles are okay and aligned.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #15
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
haha, yup. I had a guy tell me that keeping the ball in the reciever is dangerous because it does more damage to someone who rear-ends me... I was like....well they shouldn't rear-end me
haha thats funny i used to keep mine the the receiver tube that runs between the frame rails so i wouldnt hit it with my shin but that day i had pulled a trailer and had unhooked and it saved me i was like nah it can stay back there
Old 10-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
Just a heads up, if he hit the sides of your truuck, and there's no damage, he probably hit the wheel, like you said. I'd check out the axles and suspension components to be sure they aren't bent
x2. Make sure all that stuff is still straight.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
Spiral Out... Keep Going!
JBear is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
JBear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
x2. Make sure all that stuff is still straight.
Yep, gonna check it out this weekend. Nothing "feels" funny... but ya never know!

Now I have his insurance coming after me... let me get this straight... his front end hit the side of my truck, and it's MY fault? Good luck, bitch