Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bought this beauty today - 1994 4x4

Old 10-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bought this beauty today - 1994 4x4

So I found this in the local classifieds and thought id check it out, went there and offered the guy half of his asking price and a case of beer and he took it!.

Its a 94 ext cab
V6 3.0
288 km (180xxx miles)
Runs and drives great
no rust

Only problems are the power steering pump leaks and the valve covers leak a bit. Interiors not too bad, could use a shampoo.

I figured id buy it, fix it up a bit, put it on 33's and rip it around for the winter and save my good truck from the salt.

What do you guys think?

Old 10-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
www.tacomaworld.com
Spyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to beholdSpyro is a splendid one to behold

Spyro's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post

what motor?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
hot diggity. what did you get it for (not counting value of beer)? Or maybe we should count the value of beer, cuz beer in Canada is expensive!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
thats the 3vz-fe right?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
thats the 3vz-fe right?
I think. Its the v6 alternative to the 22re found in the pickups.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #9
Dangerous
ronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedronman737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
ronman737's Tacoma Gallery
saw a t-100 today that looked just like that. I actually thought it was one for a minute.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:15 AM   #11
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
thats badass. i had a green '94 v6 that died on me last year that i miss driving. for it being that old of a vehicle, they drive great!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #13
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tacoma View Post
Anyone know what these are like on gas?

i get around 15 mpg on 31 10.50 15 bfgs and the v6 is a pain in the ass im about to get mine rebuilt i have 214000 mi on it if i knew what i know now i would have got the 22r but i love the truck my wife keeps trying to get me to what she calls "up grade" and get a new tacoma but i LOVE my pickup she is unstoppable off road and ill drive her till i cant fix her anymore btw all the power steering gear boxes leake
Old 10-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #14
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dog View Post
i get around 15 mpg on 31 10.50 15 bfgs and the v6 is a pain in the ass im about to get mine rebuilt i have 214000 mi on it if i knew what i know now i would have got the 22r but i love the truck my wife keeps trying to get me to what she calls "up grade" and get a new tacoma but i LOVE my pickup she is unstoppable off road and ill drive her till i cant fix her anymore btw all the power steering gear boxes leake
Yea I would do the same, they are great trucks. Good to hear myns not the only one leaking. If this motor goes I'm gonna throw a 22re in it too. Those motors are unstoppable!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #15
Hug balls bitch
big dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig dog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
big dog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea I would do the same, they are great trucks. Good to hear myns not the only one leaking. If this motor goes I'm gonna throw a 22re in it too. Those motors are unstoppable!

you can put a 3.4 in it, botls right up the trans and motor mounts just have to move the fuel line and some other stuff like that i was thinking about it but i like the # matching thing hell mines almost a classic LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 12:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dog View Post
you can put a 3.4 in it, botls right up the trans and motor mounts just have to move the fuel line and some other stuff like that i was thinking about it but i like the # matching thing hell mines almost a classic LOL
hahah, i think if i was going to go with a 3.4 i would just buy a new truck (they are super rare and expensive up here), havin a little 22re would be sweet for wheeling too.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #17
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
bummer, what happened?
cracked block. my plan was to fabricate a way to drop in 1st gen tacoma motor. found out i could do that for around $7k, decided not to, and just replace the motor. then just lost interest, and ended up selling it to my buddy who swapped motors, and now uses it as a rock crawler.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #20
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
great truck! I have heard mixed things about that motor tho. Some like it and some say its a gas guzzling guttless pile o crap. Whatever i guess haha can always swap a 3.4 in..
I've never heard of anyone liking it