Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

PreRunner bumper build...What color should it be powdercoated at the end?!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Joe's Auto Detail
tacomacntry is on a distinguished road

tacomacntry's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomacntry
PreRunner bumper build...What color should it be powdercoated at the end?!

Hey guys gettin in to buildin a prerunner bumper at a buddys shop in the next couple weeks...just some simple nothin wild..ill take pics as we begin...lookin for some ideas on color...i have a black extended cab...all one color no two tone...i was thinkin just black...or textured black...or maybe something wild like lime green..not sure though..shoot some ideas! lemme know! thanks!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
black... or a gunmetal grey.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Black. I wired my turn signals into my parking lights, may save you some fab time.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #4
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
Black. I wired my turn signals into my parking lights, may save you some fab time.
Easy to do also. Just take the bulb/wire assembly, woller out the hole in the corner light assembly, stick it in....done.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
Easy to do also. Just take the bulb/wire assembly, woller out the hole in the corner light assembly, stick it in....done.
woller out? LOL! it is an easy mod.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #6

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
haha, only word I could think if

One of these works well if you dont want to use a file (could take a while)

Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
Joe's Auto Detail

Yea sounds good..does your parking light still work? Or did u cut the wire
Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #8

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
step bit?

annnnnd...............black powdercoat
is that what they are called? I've always called them conical drill bits. They are expensive little suckers too.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #9

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Imma patent one called a "woller bit" tho
Old 10-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i say black.

and woller is something my mom would/has used before.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #11

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+1..
Old 10-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
both terms are commonly used..........

Imma patent one called a "woller bit" tho

Sometimes I wonder what people think when I refer to a Hole Hog

i've never heard of the word "woller", but i automatically knew what he meant as i was reading it, lol.

op, i vote for matte black or a deep dark gray.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:34 PM   #13
Joe's Auto Detail

yeaaa looks as though black would do well...or a gun metal grey! i kind like that...gotta find a pic of a black yota with a dark grey bumper
Old 10-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #14
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomacntry View Post
yeaaa looks as though black would do well...or a gun metal grey! i kind like that...gotta find a pic of a black yota with a dark grey bumper
you mean like this? i'm not sure if it's painted, but the color is like a dark gray. this color combo never fails.
Attached Thumbnails
PreRunner bumper build...What color should it be powdercoated at the end?!-caledrft2-1024.jpg  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #15

jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomacntry View Post
Yea sounds good..does your parking light still work? Or did u cut the wire
Parking lights work as normal but they blink when you use the turn signal.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwerks View Post
you mean like this? i'm not sure if it's painted, but the color is like a dark gray. this color combo never fails.
Where'd you find that photo? lol
Old 10-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Where'd you find that photo? lol
i like to save random pics of nice looking tacos. i think this was when i was searching for tube bumpers and the pic came up in one of the threads so i saved it. is it yours? it's a great shot. you can see the guy gesturing that he's #1, lol.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #18
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwerks View Post
i like to save random pics of nice looking tacos. i think this was when i was searching for tube bumpers and the pic came up in one of the threads so i saved it. is it yours? it's a great shot. you can see the guy gesturing that he's #1, lol.
Hah, It's not mine, but the guy is a local to here, truck is now own by member Yota 4.0 (that is if its the truck I think it is)
Old 10-28-2011, 06:41 PM   #19
Joe's Auto Detail

yea thats a good lookin truck, and i do like the gray with the black truck...stilll not sure though...so many options.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #20
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
that bumper is raw steel