Notices

Exhaust Configuration Questions

Old 10-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Talbotman is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Talbotman's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Talbotman
Exhaust Configuration Questions

ok so i need help deciding on what kind of exhaust i want, i know what muffler im going with Flowmaster super 10 series. but dont know whether or not to go oh and the tips are going to be 4 inch straight cut on a 45

A)single in single out dump after axle w/a 4 inch tip

B) Single in dual out dump after axle w/4 inch tips on both

C) Single in dual out w/knee stabbers and 4 inch tips

pic of option C very similar to what im talking about but i want the tips slanted down so that you cant see the turn in the exhaust tubing
not my truck just found one on Google images

i am very open to ideas and suggestions, please post pics to give me ideas!!! and im kinda leaning toward option C
Attached Thumbnails
Exhaust Configuration Questions-31225860008_large.jpg  
Old 10-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
duals out the back with 4" tips aggressive angle cut
Old 10-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you dont regret your muffler choice.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
4'' tips? lol dude..you have a v6. don't be a poser.

And just go single, i have yet to see a dual setup on our trucks that looks good, and i have seem plently.

also you have to remember that the 3.4l is kind picky about its back pressure. you'll have to run like 2'' or smaller dual pipes to keep the back pressure up were it likes it. Hell i have a mangaflow 14'' muffler with 2.5'' pipe out and it has stalled on me twice due to not enough BP.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
A. Duals don't look good on any truck unless it is a new Ram with the bumper cutouts.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
I hope you dont regret your muffler choice.
i already have a Flowmaster 2chamber on it right now and i love the sound just want it louder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
4'' tips? lol dude..you have a v6. don't be a poser.

And just go single, i have yet to see a dual setup on our trucks that looks good, and i have seem plently.

also you have to remember that the 3.4l is kind picky about its back pressure. you'll have to run like 2'' or smaller dual pipes to keep the back pressure up were it likes it. Hell i have a mangaflow 14'' muffler with 2.5'' pipe out and it has stalled on me twice due to not enough BP.
if you think 4" tips on a v6 is poser you should have seen my green taco with the 6" tip coming out in front of the rear tire and i got many compliments on it oh and it was a 4 banger, you have to remember im from cali its what we like out here lol

but anyways why would it stall out from no bp it shouldnt affect it that much
Old 10-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #8
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Super 10's on my Chevelle & I can tell you that the more pipe you have after the muffler, the better it sounds.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #9

bump
Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #11
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
I'm about function over form.. But I do like it clean. ... Aeroturbine 2525 2.5in pipe dumped over axle... An when you do the bend over ur rear axle make sure the axle don't hit the pipes on full flex.. If you explore the dangerous mall parking lots the go ahead with ur dual idea.. But if you really wheel expect them pipes to be smashed in the first hour on a decent trail
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
I'm about function over form.. But I do like it clean. ... Aeroturbine 2525 2.5in pipe dumped over axle... An when you do the bend over ur rear axle make sure the axle don't hit the pipes on full flex.. If you explore the dangerous mall parking lots the go ahead with ur dual idea.. But if you really wheel expect them pipes to be smashed in the first hour on a decent trail
i agree to a point, i do a little more wheeling than the occasional sidewalk but nothing much more than a little mudding, or an easy trail
Old 10-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #14
04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold04trd4x4AL is a splendid one to behold

Name: Daniel
04trd4x4AL's Tacoma Gallery
^^Nice^^ Thats cool!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #15
ANGUS is on a distinguished road
ANGUS's Tacoma Gallery
ive got a magnaflow, Y-pipe, and 5in stainless tips tucked close to the bumper. everybody compliments the sound of my 4 banger. sorry i dont have pics right now
Old 10-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGUS View Post
ive got a magnaflow, Y-pipe, and 5in stainless tips tucked close to the bumper. everybody compliments the sound of my 4 banger. sorry i dont have pics right now
would you mind taking some pics? your setup interests me
Old 10-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #17
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbotman View Post
if you think 4" tips on a v6 is poser you should have seen my green taco with the 6" tip coming out in front of the rear tire and i got many compliments on it oh and it was a 4 banger, you have to remember im from cali its what we like out here lol

but anyways why would it stall out from no bp it shouldnt affect it that much

lol well oookkay then

coming off of high revs mine did. Do some searching and you will see.

also 2nd gens look great with duals, my dads is. 1st gens don't tho. best of luck to proving me wrong tho.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #19
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
I vote for this.