Notices

Did my first mod today....deckplate!!!

Old 10-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
2k4Taco will become famous soon enough2k4Taco will become famous soon enough

Navy: PO2 USN
Name: Swanny
2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Did my first mod today....deckplate!!!

Well here it is...bought the truck 2 weeks ago and lovin it...6 dollar deckplate and a k&n drop in....
Attached Thumbnails
Did my first mod today....deckplate!!!-dp2.jpg   Did my first mod today....deckplate!!!-dp.jpg  
Old 10-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacoma mud's Tacoma Gallery
You should probably make the pics bigger, yup youll start off with little things like this, but itll lead to no more $$$$$$
Old 10-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #3

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I tried uploading them from Photobucket but it wouldn't let me..
Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #4

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma mud View Post
You should probably make the pics bigger, yup youll start off with little things like this, but itll lead to no more $$$$$$
X2
Old 10-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #6

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #7

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nm how's that lol....
Old 10-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
When your check engine light turns on, check your MAF. I had to clean mine a few times the first 2 months when doing this.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:08 PM   #9

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up....did you have to reset your ecu after doing this? ( pull the negative side off the battery)?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 PM   #10
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4Taco View Post
Thanks for the heads up....did you have to reset your ecu after doing this? (pull the negative side off the battery)?
yes.... but when I installed my deckplate, I actually still had problems with the engine running lean and then flooding itself.... (this was a few weeks after I pulled the negative side off for 20 mins)

Reseting EFI fuse fixed that though... soooooo you might want to reset that as well.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #11

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Efi fuse? Where's that located?
Old 10-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #12
Tacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea just pull the EFI fuse, leave it out a minute or so... Put it back in and let the engine idle for a minute or two
Old 10-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #13

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Lol I've had that Sig for a while, not here, but on dodgetalk until my ram got stolen and moddedraptor.com. if you wanna get technical im not "stock" anymore....
Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4Taco View Post
Efi fuse? Where's that located?
There should be a diagram on your fuse box that shows where the EFI is...

And don't pull the big one, just the small one. I think its 15a????? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #16
Über Posre

it might be 20a....
Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #17

Im pretty sure its 15, just to be safe, DO NOT PULL THE BIG FUSE only the smaller one
Old 10-27-2011, 09:13 PM   #18
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pull EFI while it's running lol..it's better IMO.

EFI fuse while on vacation, good theft prevention method for cheap..most dimwits trying to steal a Toyota won't look for fuses.
My buddy actually pulls his EFI everytime he parks his truck at Bart or anywhere he is gonna be for longer then half a hour.
Except he doesn't do it under the hood, thanks to me
Old 10-28-2011, 04:14 AM   #19

2k4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info guys....the theft idea is a good one considering someone stole my dodge from out front of my house....