Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What trims come with color matched everything

Old 10-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
What trims come with color matched everything

What colors and trims come with color matched fender flares, door handles, grill, etc.? I know the limited trims come color matched and I've seen some lunar mist, rad red, and black ones that were also color matched.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Sport
1st gen

it was the limited model I believe
Old 10-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Sport
Don't think 1st gens came in Sport trim

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
1st gen

it was the limited model I believe
I think I've seen some that weren't limited. I could be wrong though
Old 10-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
For example, I don't think this one is limited, but its all color matched...
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/2670011837.html
Old 10-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Ive seen a lot of silver SR5's (non-limited) like that one^^^ that were color matched....Toyota was really inconsistent about what they included in their packages.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
Chen is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
Chen's Tacoma Gallery
Mines sr5 and all color matched, not sure if there was a certain model that included color matching.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #8
ScienceofSpeed is on a distinguished road

Name: FFEJ
ScienceofSpeed's Tacoma Gallery
I have a limited, but the fender flares are the only thing color matched and everything else is chromed. My brother bought his sr5 extra cab brand new and everything was color matched. I think it was up to the dealership what combo looked best on his lot, or you ordered your truck with whatever chrome/color combo you wanted when it was purchased brand new.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
hm interesting. I'm noticing that the extra cabs are color matched all the way around, not too many double cabs
Old 10-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post
Ive seen a lot of silver SR5's (non-limited) like that one^^^ that were color matched....Toyota was really inconsistent about what they included in their packages.
I always prefer that my package be consistent.

As everybody pointed out, it's hard to narrow it down to one specific trim/package that is all color-matched. You just kind of having to look around for a truck that is.

It was the same on the 3rd gen 4Runner - never really knew for sure it would be color-matched until you just found one that was.

Fink
Old 10-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #11
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
I always prefer that my package be consistent.