Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

climate control knob issue 2004

Old 10-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SalemCBR's Tacoma Gallery
climate control knob issue 2004

I popped off my vent selecting climate control knob to see what was back there. (My lights out) now when I go to put it back it fits on loose. Is there a plastic part between the knob and the metal post? Something isn't right. I can't find a missing part. Anyone have any tips? I'm bummed. *sad face <_____
Old 10-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
yeah theres like a metal shim that has fallen out.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Did you break the tab on the faceplate?
If so, head to a junkyard.
it's common of tabs breaking if you don't take them out right or carefully
Old 10-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #4
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe I broke it? There is a metal post still in there (not in the knob ) but it wiggles left and right so I feel like somethings missing.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:11 AM   #5
Duck Fan

I carefully pulled off the temp one and I saw theclip but I may be missing a plastic price too. Ill check it out in the morning.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Duck Fan

Yeah. Its missing.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
Duck Fan

F.
This is an old post that I am reserecting... but does anyone know where I can order the metal piece for the knob? I can't find any tocos at local junk yards. Its not like my old honda days.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemCBR View Post
F.
This is an old post that I am reserecting... but does anyone know where I can order the metal piece for the knob? I can't find any tocos at local junk yards. Its not like my old honda days.
rap sum tape around it.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
RickN is on a distinguished road

RickN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemCBR View Post
F.
Its basically this little piece of foil that sits in the end of the knob. Doubt you can buy it without having to buy the knob too. Same thing happened to me & this is what I did. Put a very small dab of super glue in the knob & put it back on. Stays on & easy to take back off if you need to.