Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tailgate debadge nightmare?!

Old 10-29-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
Derp, Derp Derp
hats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sonia
hats009's Tacoma Gallery
tailgate debadge nightmare?!

So I have had way too much time on my hands this vacation, mostly spending time with my truck. So I wanted to do something I had never thought of doing and I took the 'T' off of my tailgate badge "tacoma" and underneath is darker paint, possibly peeling clear coat?

what should I do in this instance?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
The outside paint is oxidized and the paint underneath is essentially new paint. I would recommend putting the badge back on
Old 10-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGloryFades View Post
The outside paint is oxidized and the paint underneath is essentially new paint. I would recommend putting the badge back on
this
Old 10-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #4
Derp, Derp Derp
hats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to behold

hats009's Tacoma Gallery
I would if I could.. The badge tore pretty much and is pretty useless now

It kind of has a ghostly "T A C O M A" look.. is that more ghetto than it is pretty?
Old 10-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
compound n wax the area
Old 10-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
I would look for a replacement emblem, try getting in contact with Greensystemsgo on here he recently debadged and may have his emblems left over. You can try the clay bar and buff but you'll only get soo far with 13 year old paint if it hasn't been washed & waxed often
Old 10-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hats009 View Post
So I have had way too much time on my hands this vacation, mostly spending time with my truck. So I wanted to do something I had never thought of doing and I took the 'T' off of my tailgate badge "tacoma" and underneath is darker paint, possibly peeling clear coat?

I had the same issue... took care of it with this: (I'll try to find the original post/write up)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ml#post3691159

What color is your truck?
Old 10-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
Emblem shadow is what you have and maybe some light rubbing compound will hide it but not completely, what color is the trk white isn't as noticeable as a dark color, and with the rest of the emblem on the gate the T is going to be more noticeable, take it all off, if you do the O's are difficult to remove from the rest of the emblem.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #10
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

never heard of an acoma
Old 10-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
Derp, Derp Derp

hats009's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reference.. "cleaned, clay barred, compound waxed and polished it."
I will try that when I get back from my road trip to CA.. It's ironic that I was trying to make it look bad ass before traveling, now it looks like the letters were stolen.

I have that BLURPLE color.. Kind of a grey, blue, purple smashed together.. I love the color personally. Looks great with black, which was what I was trying to do. oops.
I wasn't about to leave it at "ACOMA"....... If anyone else does this, I suggest you start from the other side at the 'A' - at least you can do "TACO" if you mess up.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #12
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
GOOD LUCK, I HOPE IT TURNS OUT GOOD
Old 10-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #13
el dudarino is on a distinguished road

el dudarino's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's ironic that I was trying to make it look bad ass before traveling, now it looks like the letters were stolen.

lol