1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My new truck, did some maint. today!!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by armyguy, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Oct 29, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    armyguy

armyguy [OP] 2 in the head and you know their dead!!

Member:
    Co Springs
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab 4x4 2.7 5 spd
    deckplate with afe pro dry, E3 plugs, royal purple in everything, Pioneer AVH-4300 Deck, Memphis audio in the doors, level kit, Custom shift knob, more to come!!!
    So I bought an 03 taco single cab 4x4 with the 2.7 in it.. I decided that since I bought it used from a dealer I was gonna so some maint. on it.. Today I did the deckplate mod, put a afe filter in it, changed all the tranny diff fluid and put royal purple in, change the oil to royal purple synthetic, changed all 4 plugs to E3 and changed out the coil packs. I flushed the coolant and put brand new coolant in it. Man this thing runs totally different now, its night and day difference!!!:) Monday the exhaust is getting put on, I still havent quite decided on what muffler though, Im really diggin some of the sound clips of the magnapack... The muffler shop here where I am is like a mom and pop style shop and the owner said he has a few mufflers he wants me to try out so I will let you all know what I put on it. I love this truck and thanks to the forum I know how to keep it running better... Time now to enjoy a nice cold beer from left hand brewing company( if you like guinness beer try the milk stout from left hand) after a hard days work!!!

2. Oct 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    :woot: Congrats on getting all that accomplished in one day!!

And Welcome to TW from :canada:

3. Oct 29, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
  4. Oct 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    Welcome from Denver!

5. Oct 29, 2011 at 4:11 PM
    armyguy

Member:
    Co Springs
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab 4x4 2.7 5 spd
    deckplate with afe pro dry, E3 plugs, royal purple in everything, Pioneer AVH-4300 Deck, Memphis audio in the doors, level kit, Custom shift knob, more to come!!!
    Yeah the E3 are the 3 pronged ones. I went to 2 autoparts stores and neither of them had the plugs you listed, I wanted to get it done today so I just went with the E3 plugs, Next plug change in 25-30k it will get the NGK or Denso. It was a spur of the moment thing today to do the maint. on it today, I just woke up and I was like im gonna swap all the stuff out lol...

The one thing I noticed the ignition coils on the 2 cylinders closest to the fire wall were dirty and had some rust on them, the two plugs were running leaner than the first two cylinders too.. Should I replace the ignition coils since the truck has 95K on it or just cleaning them like I did will that work? The replacement coils I have seen are anywhere from 75-95 bucks a piece. I dont mind spending money to know all the stuff is taking care of because I have no idea how well the previous owner did on maint. If you all know of an ignition coil to replace it with if you think I should replace them please let me know. (after I finish typing this im gonna search the forum too)

Thanks for all the welcomes guys, this site has taught me so much already and Ive only had the new taco 2 days lol!!

6. Oct 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    armyguy

Member:
    Co Springs
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab 4x4 2.7 5 spd
    I almost forgot I put a set of the new silverstar zXe headlamps in... when it gets dark I will repost how I like them!!:headbang:

7. Oct 29, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Post some pics, welcome from beautiful Fayettenam, NC.

8. Oct 29, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    UndefinedTaco

UndefinedTaco I'll eat all your food.

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    It's an 89 Toyota Pickup. I got some stuff done to it.. FJ axles going under it soon.
    Just get a OEM replacement coilpack..it'll work.
    You gotta pay to play on those..hard to find cheaper then $70

9. Oct 29, 2011 at 5:45 PM
    armyguy

Member:
    Co Springs
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab 4x4 2.7 5 spd
    I will get some asap, my camera is packed because im moving into my new house on the first.. my cell takes crappy pics, but I will try with that.

Does it matter what ones I get, I actually found some OEM spec ones for 56 bucks apiece...
    http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/2003-toyota-tacoma/ignition-coil/

10. Oct 29, 2011 at 10:15 PM
    armyguy

Member:
    Co Springs
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab 4x4 2.7 5 spd
    ok so I got to test out the lights tonight, I like them but not as much as the silverstar ultra. They do have a slight blue tint to them, they are way brighter than the stockers just not as bright in my opinion as the ultras.. Now the High Beams are crazy bright on these.. Id take them over the ultras for hi beams any day.. I wish silverstar could combine the ultra low beam and zXe high beam... that would be a killer light!!

Products Discussed in

To Top