Notices

My new truck, did some maint. today!!

Old 10-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
2 in the head and you know their dead!!
armyguy will become famous soon enougharmyguy will become famous soon enough
Army: Infantry 4-4ID
armyguy's Tacoma Gallery
My new truck, did some maint. today!!

So I bought an 03 taco single cab 4x4 with the 2.7 in it.. I decided that since I bought it used from a dealer I was gonna so some maint. on it.. Today I did the deckplate mod, put a afe filter in it, changed all the tranny diff fluid and put royal purple in, change the oil to royal purple synthetic, changed all 4 plugs to E3 and changed out the coil packs. I flushed the coolant and put brand new coolant in it. Man this thing runs totally different now, its night and day difference!!! Monday the exhaust is getting put on, I still havent quite decided on what muffler though, Im really diggin some of the sound clips of the magnapack... The muffler shop here where I am is like a mom and pop style shop and the owner said he has a few mufflers he wants me to try out so I will let you all know what I put on it. I love this truck and thanks to the forum I know how to keep it running better... Time now to enjoy a nice cold beer from left hand brewing company( if you like guinness beer try the milk stout from left hand) after a hard days work!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on getting all that accomplished in one day!!

And Welcome to TW from
Old 10-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed you said you used E3 spark plugs?? Are those the 3 pronged ones?? Your 2.7L is the 3RZ-FE

Here is the 1st Gen recommended switchout list:
First gen.

2RZ-FE & 3RZ-FE engines:

Denso K16R-U11

NGK BKR5EYA-U

Gap .043"

5VZ-FE engine:

Denso K16TR11

NGK BKR5EKB-11

Gap .043"
Old 10-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Denver!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
armyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Just noticed you said you used E3 spark plugs?? Are those the 3 pronged ones?? Your 2.7L is the 3RZ-FE

Here is the 1st Gen recommended switchout list:
First gen.

2RZ-FE & 3RZ-FE engines:

Denso K16R-U11

NGK BKR5EYA-U

Gap .043"

5VZ-FE engine:

Denso K16TR11

NGK BKR5EKB-11

Gap .043"
Yeah the E3 are the 3 pronged ones. I went to 2 autoparts stores and neither of them had the plugs you listed, I wanted to get it done today so I just went with the E3 plugs, Next plug change in 25-30k it will get the NGK or Denso. It was a spur of the moment thing today to do the maint. on it today, I just woke up and I was like im gonna swap all the stuff out lol...

The one thing I noticed the ignition coils on the 2 cylinders closest to the fire wall were dirty and had some rust on them, the two plugs were running leaner than the first two cylinders too.. Should I replace the ignition coils since the truck has 95K on it or just cleaning them like I did will that work? The replacement coils I have seen are anywhere from 75-95 bucks a piece. I dont mind spending money to know all the stuff is taking care of because I have no idea how well the previous owner did on maint. If you all know of an ignition coil to replace it with if you think I should replace them please let me know. (after I finish typing this im gonna search the forum too)

Thanks for all the welcomes guys, this site has taught me so much already and Ive only had the new taco 2 days lol!!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
armyguy's Tacoma Gallery
one more thing lol!!

I almost forgot I put a set of the new silverstar zXe headlamps in... when it gets dark I will repost how I like them!!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
4Running
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyguy View Post
I almost forgot I put a set of the new silverstar zXe headlamps in... when it gets dark I will repost how I like them!!
Post some pics, welcome from beautiful Fayettenam, NC.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just get a OEM replacement coilpack..it'll work.
You gotta pay to play on those..hard to find cheaper then $70
Old 10-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
armyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
Post some pics, welcome from beautiful Fayettenam, NC.
I will get some asap, my camera is packed because im moving into my new house on the first.. my cell takes crappy pics, but I will try with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
Just get a OEM replacement coilpack..it'll work.
You gotta pay to play on those..hard to find cheaper then $70
Does it matter what ones I get, I actually found some OEM spec ones for 56 bucks apiece...
http://www.drivewire.com/vehicle/200...ignition-coil/
Old 10-29-2011, 11:15 PM   #10
armyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Silverstar zXe

ok so I got to test out the lights tonight, I like them but not as much as the silverstar ultra. They do have a slight blue tint to them, they are way brighter than the stockers just not as bright in my opinion as the ultras.. Now the High Beams are crazy bright on these.. Id take them over the ultras for hi beams any day.. I wish silverstar could combine the ultra low beam and zXe high beam... that would be a killer light!!