Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

stock swaybar question

Old 10-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
stock swaybar question

Ok so i got this sway bar from a guy and he said it was from a 98 just like mine and i notice that the ends are different.... is it from a newer model or older, 4 runner, or from a different truck... looks the same as the one i got on mine except for the ends........ take a look.

this is the one from my truck

and this is the one i got from the guy

see how the ends are different........whats up with that????? is it going to change anything in how it handles ???
Old 10-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Just remove the sway bar, is silly anyway.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
NegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shedNegroTundra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NegroTundra's Tacoma Gallery
The one that was given to you is exactly like mine. The design must have slightly changed sometime after 98. Weird. I thought they were identical from 95 to 04.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Just remove the sway bar, is silly anyway.
this

remove swaybar and don't drive like an idiot...

I have had mine off for 3 years and love it.

handles great offroad...and IMO onroad too
Old 10-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #5
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
The "new" one you got is just like mine, 01.

If it fits on yours, I don't think you'lll notice anything different about the ride. IIRC, the new one has a little ball-joint deal at the top, whereas your older one has a straight-through stud with just a rubber bushing. Perhaps those wore out more quickly so they redesigned.

I hope that is more helpful than "just remove it."
Old 10-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #6
TROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of lightTROKITA is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Arty
TROKITA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
The "new" one you got is just like mine, 01.

If it fits on yours, I don't think you'lll notice anything different about the ride. IIRC, the new one has a little ball-joint deal at the top, whereas your older one has a straight-through stud with just a rubber bushing. Perhaps those wore out more quickly so they redesigned.

I hope that is more helpful than "just remove it."
oh i see ya that explains it well i just wanted to know if it was tacoma bar im going to sell it for who ever wants it..... i dont need it and i mite take of mine later just so i can feel how it rides on and offroad
Old 10-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is a 99 and the ends look like your first pic.