1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

cousin just got 2002 4 cyl, maintenance???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Bishop2Queens6, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Oct 30, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    My cousin just got herself a 2002 4Dr prerunner off road with 107,xxx on the clock.

I was wondering is there any issues to look out for, any maintenance I should do. What might happen soon?

2. Oct 30, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    Oat

Oat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5

3. Oct 30, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Just keep up with regular maintenance and she should be fine. I'd get it checked out at a dealership just as a precaution.

4. Oct 30, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    armyguy

armyguy 2 in the head and you know their dead!!

Member:
    Co Springs
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab 4x4 2.7 5 spd
    deckplate with afe pro dry, E3 plugs, royal purple in everything, Pioneer AVH-4300 Deck, Memphis audio in the doors, level kit, Custom shift knob, more to come!!!
    I just got an 03 with the 2.7 in it, I just changed all the fluids to royal purple, and changed the plugs.. runs great now, next weekend im gonna check the valves and do some other stuff..

5. Oct 30, 2011 at 12:44 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 4x4
    Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 700# springs Front Shocks JBA UCA's Wheeler's Offroad Superbump Front Bump Stops Icon 2.5 RR/w CDCV 4"+ Rear Shocks AllPro Expo Rear Leaf Pack Timbren Rear Bump Stops ARB Front Bumper @Shmellmopwho Rock Sliders w/ Kickout RCI Aluminum Front Skid Plate Prinsu Roof Rack Roll-N-Lock Tonneau Cover CBI Ditch Light Brackets Cali-Raised LED Ditch Lights Cali-Raised Amber Fogs Cali-Raised Flush Mount LED Pods
    Can i do a tranny flush with 107,xxx on the clock? That's my main worry. I plan to change all the fluids to synthetic and do spark plugs next weekend.

Even serpitine belt and coolant flush the weekend after.

6. Oct 30, 2011 at 12:46 PM
    UndefinedTaco

UndefinedTaco I'll eat all your food.

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota
    It's an 89 Toyota Pickup. I got some stuff done to it.. FJ axles going under it soon.
    It's a 4 cyl..no timing belt. It's a chain.

I'd just do plugs, wire, air filter...all fluids and call it a day.

7. Oct 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM
    armyguy

armyguy 2 in the head and you know their dead!!

Member:
    Co Springs
    Vehicle:
    03 Reg Cab 4x4 2.7 5 spd
    deckplate with afe pro dry, E3 plugs, royal purple in everything, Pioneer AVH-4300 Deck, Memphis audio in the doors, level kit, Custom shift knob, more to come!!!

^^^ what he said, I just did it to my truck and switched everything to royal purple, did plugs, deckplate mod, all that stuff.. it literally drives like a new truck... next weekend like I said im gonna check the valves, put new coil packs on the plugs and grease everything up(totally forgot to do that). Moving is a pain in the butt, takes away from truck time lol...

Products Discussed in

To Top