Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

cousin just got 2002 4 cyl, maintenance???

Old 10-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
cousin just got 2002 4 cyl, maintenance???

My cousin just got herself a 2002 4Dr prerunner off road with 107,xxx on the clock.

I was wondering is there any issues to look out for, any maintenance I should do. What might happen soon?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Bishop2Queens6;3947122]My cousin just got herself a 2002 4Dr prerunner off road with 107,xxx on the clock.

I was wondering is there any issues to look out for, any maintenance I should do. What might happen soon?[/QUOTE]

Timing belt, if it was replaced along with water pump. Change oil maybe, tranny fluid, flush coolant, etc...

Nothing will happen if you keep it taken care of..

also look for frame rust.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Just keep up with regular maintenance and she should be fine. I'd get it checked out at a dealership just as a precaution.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
2 in the head and you know their dead!!
armyguy will become famous soon enougharmyguy will become famous soon enough
Army: Infantry 4-4ID
armyguy's Tacoma Gallery
I just got an 03 with the 2.7 in it, I just changed all the fluids to royal purple, and changed the plugs.. runs great now, next weekend im gonna check the valves and do some other stuff..
Old 10-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Can i do a tranny flush with 107,xxx on the clock? That's my main worry. I plan to change all the fluids to synthetic and do spark plugs next weekend.

Even serpitine belt and coolant flush the weekend after.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's a 4 cyl..no timing belt. It's a chain.

I'd just do plugs, wire, air filter...all fluids and call it a day.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
2 in the head and you know their dead!!
armyguy will become famous soon enougharmyguy will become famous soon enough
Army: Infantry 4-4ID
armyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
It's a 4 cyl..no timing belt. It's a chain.

I'd just do plugs, wire, air filter...all fluids and call it a day.

^^^ what he said, I just did it to my truck and switched everything to royal purple, did plugs, deckplate mod, all that stuff.. it literally drives like a new truck... next weekend like I said im gonna check the valves, put new coil packs on the plugs and grease everything up(totally forgot to do that). Moving is a pain in the butt, takes away from truck time lol...